Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How low is too low?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM
  • 4 Replies

With regards to calories?

Claire figured out my calorie range: 1676-2098 per day

I have been sticking to eating within that range.  But days where I exercise, I am burning up to 700 calories, so my net calories has been low--sometimes as low as 1300 (and really, it's 1300, not 900 because I eat at the top of my range on my "good" exercise days.)

So I ask you ladies:  How low is too low?  Should I stick with what I am doing and eat within the range?

(I will add: Most days I am not starving or even hungry---I feel that I am controlling that really well by eating "better" rounded meals and spreading my food out more.  I have been more fatigued, especially after having a couple days in a row of 1300 net calories.)

If you need to know: I am currently 194, 36 YO, 5 feet, 9 inches.  Exercise 3-5 days a week, burning 400-700 calories per session.

Since I started really counting, I have lost about 5 pounds (in 10 days.)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
itsm3
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

if you're not hungry even though you're working out, then leave it be.  i don't usually "eat back"  my cals.... i stay within my range and listen to my body.  on days i work out really hard, i'm usually a bit hungrier so i do eat a bit more but i also listen to my body. 

the caloric range is for references purposes; you should also listen to your body...it will tell you if the food you are eating is too little or too much.

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM

When they do your BMR, it factors in your workouts.  So unless you are doing more than what they used to figure out your calories, you should be good. 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Just like these ladies have said, the range Claire gave you factors in your workouts.  It seems to be working for you!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Aurorasmom
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

i make sure to net at a minimum 1200/day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)