Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Running shoes

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

If you're a runner can you please recommend and tell which kind you like. Thanks!

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I'd HIGHLY recommend going to a running store and having them assess your gait before choosing shoes.  That way you get into the right shoes for YOU!  Road Runner Sports and Fleet Feet are a couple of reliable examples.

I am a supinator (few people are), and I love my Asics Nimbuses.  They're awesome.  I trail run in Brooks Cascadias.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Defnitely get fitted at at running store.. we can tell you what we like, but we may walk and run differently than you do.. 

I'm a neutral runner and I am a Brooks girl.. I wear Ghost 4s right now, but I am due for a new pair soon...Yippee! I am going to check out the minimals that Brooks has now- Pure Cadence. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

marinesweetie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I agree with the other ladies about going and getting fitted for running shoes. I wear new balance 790 v2 's. they are comfy for me but may not be comfy for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Everybody runs differently, so my shoes may not work for you, just like anybody else here may have completely different shoes that won't work. Go to a running store (Fleet Feet is the one in my area) and get fitted. Unfortunately it'll probably run you $100 for the shoes, but a lot are about that price anyways

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Get fitted! I like pace gloves or bare feet though. I have asics, brooks and innov8s too that dont suck.

mefingas
by Morgan on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I totally agree. Usually running stores have an awesome return policy too. Once you find a shoe you love then you can keep an eye online and buy your next pair online cheap when the newer model comes out.

Quoting musicpisces:

I'd HIGHLY recommend going to a running store and having them assess your gait before choosing shoes.  That way you get into the right shoes for YOU!  Road Runner Sports and Fleet Feet are a couple of reliable examples.

I am a supinator (few people are), and I love my Asics Nimbuses.  They're awesome.  I trail run in Brooks Cascadias.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Yep, these ladies are right...get fitted.  I wear Asic Kayanos.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

It really depends on the person.  You need to go to a running store and get fitted for shoes.  I like my Brooks, but you may not and they may hurt you depending on your running gait.  I rotate my feet inward when I walk and run.  Find a local runnign store and they will tell you what shoes you should be wearing.  You don't have to buy anything from them.  I went in once and got my gait checked and I liked some Nike's that I tried on but not the color they had.  They told me you can customize the color on Nike's website, so I said I would just buy it from there then.  Usually people that work at running stores are really awesome. 

MdMom289
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I don't think we have a place like that here but I'll look into it. Thanks for all of your advice ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN