Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Running shoes

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM
  • 9 Replies

If you're a runner can you please recommend and tell which kind you like. Thanks!

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

I'd HIGHLY recommend going to a running store and having them assess your gait before choosing shoes.  That way you get into the right shoes for YOU!  Road Runner Sports and Fleet Feet are a couple of reliable examples.

I am a supinator (few people are), and I love my Asics Nimbuses.  They're awesome.  I trail run in Brooks Cascadias.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Defnitely get fitted at at running store.. we can tell you what we like, but we may walk and run differently than you do.. 

I'm a neutral runner and I am a Brooks girl.. I wear Ghost 4s right now, but I am due for a new pair soon...Yippee! I am going to check out the minimals that Brooks has now- Pure Cadence. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

marinesweetie
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I agree with the other ladies about going and getting fitted for running shoes. I wear new balance 790 v2 's. they are comfy for me but may not be comfy for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Everybody runs differently, so my shoes may not work for you, just like anybody else here may have completely different shoes that won't work. Go to a running store (Fleet Feet is the one in my area) and get fitted. Unfortunately it'll probably run you $100 for the shoes, but a lot are about that price anyways

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Get fitted! I like pace gloves or bare feet though. I have asics, brooks and innov8s too that dont suck.

mefingas
by Morgan on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I totally agree. Usually running stores have an awesome return policy too. Once you find a shoe you love then you can keep an eye online and buy your next pair online cheap when the newer model comes out.

Quoting musicpisces:

I'd HIGHLY recommend going to a running store and having them assess your gait before choosing shoes.  That way you get into the right shoes for YOU!  Road Runner Sports and Fleet Feet are a couple of reliable examples.

I am a supinator (few people are), and I love my Asics Nimbuses.  They're awesome.  I trail run in Brooks Cascadias.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Yep, these ladies are right...get fitted.  I wear Asic Kayanos.

armygirl16
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

It really depends on the person.  You need to go to a running store and get fitted for shoes.  I like my Brooks, but you may not and they may hurt you depending on your running gait.  I rotate my feet inward when I walk and run.  Find a local runnign store and they will tell you what shoes you should be wearing.  You don't have to buy anything from them.  I went in once and got my gait checked and I liked some Nike's that I tried on but not the color they had.  They told me you can customize the color on Nike's website, so I said I would just buy it from there then.  Usually people that work at running stores are really awesome. 

MdMom289
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 7:23 PM

I don't think we have a place like that here but I'll look into it. Thanks for all of your advice ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN