Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My husband left for the army today :(

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM
  • 7 Replies

My husband left for basic training followed by AIT today.  Well he is staying at the hotel tonight (required) and he will process tomorrow (we can see him swear in tomorrow) and he will leave for Ft. Jackson for 10 weeks and then 16 weeks in VA for his AIT (job training).  My cousin is moving in with me starting tomorrow evening to be a nanny for my daughter and 46lb puppy.  So I won't be completely alone but it's not quite the same lol.  The only good thing is we are done eating out now (we had a few days of eating at our favorite Portland restaurants) and I can eat however I want.  I'm hoping I can get down to my goal weight in 6 months.  

Is 23lbs too much for 6 months?  I'll be going to his basic training graduation.  That is in about 10 weeks.  What would be a good goal for 10 weeks, as in how much to loose? 

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:58 AM

Hugs mama!  My hubby is miltary as well:)  Sounds like a great goal!  1-2 pounds per week is realistic, so you're giving yourself plenty of time!

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks :) I was military too about 6-7 years ago.  Some things have changed but I was able to give him some tips about basic and AIT and everything.  He is going to be old compared to everyone there lol. He just turned 30 a couple weeks ago.  

I hope I can lose 1-2 lbs per week! 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  My hubby is miltary as well:)  Sounds like a great goal!  1-2 pounds per week is realistic, so you're giving yourself plenty of time!

mrsary
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Gosh 30 dealing with those teenagers in basic! Lol. I remember the older people in my basic 11 yrs ago were so irritated with us...

Quoting armygirl16:

Thanks :) I was military too about 6-7 years ago.  Some things have changed but I was able to give him some tips about basic and AIT and everything.  He is going to be old compared to everyone there lol. He just turned 30 a couple weeks ago.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I had just turned 20 when I joined and I was irritated with a lot of the 18 year olds! I still remember the name of the guy who always ruined it for everyone and got everyone smoked because of his pure stupidity lol...Joyner...

I warned my husband that every platoon will have "that guy" (or girl) who just can't keep their mouth shut or doesn't pay attention, or falls asleep all the time during the "death by powerpoint"....

Quoting mrsary:

Gosh 30 dealing with those teenagers in basic! Lol. I remember the older people in my basic 11 yrs ago were so irritated with us...

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

frzmamaof4
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:38 AM
Aww so sorry mama! Your goal of 1-2lbs a week are good. Good luck mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 7:07 AM
Haha that's how I am now. I am a party animal & my battles are like dude u are almost 30, calm down!

Quoting armygirl16:

I had just turned 20 when I joined and I was irritated with a lot of the 18 year olds! I still remember the name of the guy who always ruined it for everyone and got everyone smoked because of his pure stupidity lol...Joyner...

I warned my husband that every platoon will have "that guy" (or girl) who just can't keep their mouth shut or doesn't pay attention, or falls asleep all the time during the "death by powerpoint"....

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Aw, hugs, mama!!

Yes, I know exactly wht you all mean about those 18 year olds!  I was 23 in basic, and some of them were just awful.  How the RDCs (as we called the drill instructors in the Navy) dealt with them is beyond me!  We had one go to the brig for refusing to do pushups!  Ooh, she was a handful.  Oh, the stories.  LOL

But OP, I think your goal is realistic!  I'd try for 10 lbs in those 10 weeks, and hope for more!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN