Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

That I kick my butt into gear and get back to working out again!! I have slacked for a while now and as a result gained 10 lbs back. :( So starting today no more excuses, time to get my sweat on. :) And no stopping till I get where I want to be, a better, healthier me. Wish me luck :):)

Question:

What does your workout consist of? I am looking for new ways to work out, new things to try. In the past I have done Jillian Micheals 6 week 6 pack and I started her Extreme Shed and Shred today but I would like some other ideas. What do you ladies do? What has worked best for you? Any advice or suggestions will help greatly!! Thanks ladies!! :):)

treadmilljumping rope

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Replies (51-54):
27yomomof4
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM
They also have a $10/mo but you can only go to your home gym... Nd you dont get the tanner or message chair...

Quoting Scorpiomom78:

I could probably swing $20 a month but anything more, no way. I will just have to keep my eyes open for good deals I guess.

Quoting 27yomomof4:

Other gyms it is more. By a landslide really my dh was going to anytime fitness and it was costing him $80/Mo.. i told him that was crazy to spend that. Last year i was driving past planet fitness and saw the huge sign saying that they had $0 down $20/mo and signed up right then and there. I dont get to go as often as i want to but its a motivation that im spending $ every month for it so i better use it.

Quoting Scorpiomom78:

$20 is not bad at all for that. I thought it would be more but I have never checked into it. I will now though! :) Thanks for the advice! :):)

Quoting icn_mom:

Quoting Scorpiomom78:

Thank you! I wish I could do a gym, probably make things easier. I might have to see what that would cost. It would be nice to get out of the house and get my sweat on. Right now I just do DVD's at home and I switch with Just Dance video game bc my 5 yr old is working out with me :)

Quoting icn_mom:

congrats on getting back on the workout wagon!! I go to the gym monday through friday with my best friend and do 40 to 45 minutes of elliptical, then 30 minutes of weight train :) the burn tells me im still alive hehe

i go to planet fitness. i pay 20 a month but that is total package.. bring a friend each time, tanning, trainer help, massage chairs.. i find it really worth it. for DVD's i used to LOVE tae bo :) also, if you have stairs run them.. i used to do that in basketball practice and though i was dying (very huge workout lol)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
27yomomof4
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Lemon water does many wonderful things for you. 1 it regulates your stomach acid so you digest your food better. Which is why you drink it first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything. 2 gives you some flavor to your water. 3 it helps eliminate free radicals in your body. Google it theres plenty more. But it does say to drink it like tea, hot. I have never done that cause it just wont go down hot or warm i drink it cold. But it helped me to shed Stored fat without really changing how i ate or how i exercised (alot of the time i dont exercise, just dont feel like it ya know?). I hope it will help you. I recommended this to my dad and he has ulcers in his stomach and they are nearly gone now!

Quoting Scorpiomom78:

Quoting 27yomomof4:

When i found out i was pregnant with dd3 i was back to wearing a 4/5 like i was before i had kids. I gained to a size 8 after i had her i lost it all again but then came ds... i gained a crap ton i was a size 14. I am hovering around a 8/9 now. I lost the sizes and weight with lots of veggies (including drinking v8) and exercise AND lots of sex! A good add on to it is use real butter and drink lemon water when you first wake up before you eat or drink anything else.

I have always had a hard time eating veggies :( I can do salads but other than that not much of a fan of them. I keep trying though. The sex part I got down, no problem there! Lol I do use real butter and I will have to try the lemon water....what does it do for you?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:16 PM

I do zumba a lot...also belly dance a bit, pilates class once a week and a piyo class that I started  this past month once a week.  We have a small weight machine, small ball and bands at home- as well as a treadmill and 3 lb weights that I use here and there too

KathreneW
by on May. 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Currently, I am doing Brazil Butt Lift, and I really am enjoying it!

It works so much more that just your butt! 

Feel free to add me!

-Kathrene

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)