Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

He just REALLY doesn't want me to lose weight! Insecurities?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this
I really think my boyfriend has some major insecurities when it comes to me losing weight. (I've made a post about this before). He is almost against anything that involves losing weight. Yesterday, he went as far as telling me "I have a surprise for you". He walks into his job (I visited him for lunch) and what does he do? He walks out with a flippin candy bar! Way to motivate me! Smh!
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Awww my s/o is like that too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
puzzled216
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Do it for youself.

icn_mom
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this

it can be hard, but maybe he just doesnt want you to be so hard on yourself? I have been eating healthier and going to the gym five days a week and my dh says "well, once you lost the weight you want you will find something else that is imperfect with yourself".. and he is always one to present me with an oppertunity to eat crappy foods, but not because he wants me fat, but because hes trying to lighten me up :) ... Before jumping to conclusions about how he feels about it, try talking to him, you may be very surprised!

aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you have kids with him ? If no i'd drop him like a hot potato.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenieAbby
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think a lot of men are like that.  Just take it... thank him... and then hide it for a treat later or give it away.  wink  This way, you won't hurt his feelings.  He'll get use to your new body soon enough and come back to his sense. 

mommadana
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Some guys think that weight loss can lead to you finding something wrong with him and find someone new for the new you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crabbyD
by Diana on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM
I hate to admit this, but my Dh was like that at first. We got into many arguments about it, but that never discouraged me. I just wanted him to see my point of view. He says the reason he was like that was.because I started neglecting him since the little time I did have I'd go workout instead of being with him. Let me add that me working out consists of maybe a bit over an hour and going to my basement to do my DVDs.

It could be that he just wants to spend every minute with you, but that's frustrating too. Anyway my Dh got over it... I'll tell you one thing that I did was stop talking about losing weight and needing to workout. Just do it. If he doesn't hear about it he probably won't try to sabotage you so much. After the subject matter has.cooled down talk to him on how important this is for you and involve him in this new healthy lifestyle.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:22 PM

maybe he's afraid you're getting sexy to leave him for somebody else? 

JulieBoyd
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:25 PM

lol my hubby is the same way...weve been talking about working out together and hes just like NOOO all im allowing you to do is work on your arm muscles or something. I said i wanna get a flatter stomach i weigh 130 and hes like you have NOTHING to lose in your stomach what do you need to work out for? smh 

supermom985
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:34 PM

My df does that too because he has gained weight offshore so I don't think he wants me to lose weight . 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)