Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Feeling so discouraged

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have been eating right, working out a hour a day, and I havent seen any change in my body. I am still at the same weight that I was a month ago. I Have friends that arent eating as healthy as me and working out 2 times a week and have dropped 15 pounds in the same time its taken me to drop none. Anyone else feel like it takes them longer to loose weight than other people. I know it has never taken me this long to loose weight its a little frustrating.

So many lives have been changed, you ready to change your's. Debt free is the new sexy with It Works!
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
otoole
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:01 PM

i am going through the samething. could be your hormones. i have an underactive thyriod, it was overactive, i went on meds for it which made it underactive, since it went underactive i gained weight and can't shitf it, i used to lose weight easy, now i can't. its depressing but i am staying positive that everything will balance out and all my hard work will start to show. did you go to the docter about it?

Thomasmom07
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I would go to the Dr. I was having the same problem a few months ago and gave up decided to go to the dr and found out I have PCOS they put me on metformin and have jut started back working out so hopefully I will start seeing results soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM

do not worry what other people are doing/their results.  and it's only been a month; i didn't see much results after a month but i just kept doing it.  everyone is different, everyone loses weight differently.  are you losing inches at all?

what are you eating? are you tracking? are you eating within your caloric range for weight loss?  what exercises are you doing?

iheartmygirls47
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I  know that is frustrating. Hang in there mama and your hard work WILL pay off. Good luck!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:14 AM

This is what I was thinking. 

Quoting itsm3:

do not worry what other people are doing/their results.  and it's only been a month; i didn't see much results after a month but i just kept doing it.  everyone is different, everyone loses weight differently.  are you losing inches at all?

what are you eating? are you tracking? are you eating within your caloric range for weight loss?  what exercises are you doing?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:07 AM

What are you eating? If you post a day's menu I will take a look and see if anything can be changed. Sometimes another set of eyes helps. 

Are you tracking calories at all? I ask because it is very easy to do usng a website and can be very effective when you are just starting out. 

What workouts are you doing? How often? How long? Be specific ..

How much water do you drink? 

You cannot compare yourself to anyon else. There is no telling what they are doing to their bodies. You are going to be doing it the right way- healthy diet and exercise. 

You can do this!

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

ready4thenewme
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I am tracking my food, and staying within my calories. I have a protein shake in the morning, fruits or veggies for a snack, something with protein and low fat for lunch and fruits and veggies for a snack, then a chicken salad, or some other kind of protein with a bunch of veggies. I have tried to cut of the bad fats and a lot of the carbs i was eating. I am  on my fitness pal, to track everything. I am drinking so much water that i feel like im prego again running to the bathroom all the time.

I work out to jillian micheals shred and ripped one in the morning and one at night, i added cardio in about a 2 weeks ago, a couple days a week (i eat more calories these days) and just recently added turbo jam in place of a Jillian dvd a day.

Thank you everyone, its nice to vent and get help from people that i dont know personally, everyone i know isnt so nice about it cause they are not having this problem.

Inches i havent measured, but i do notice that a few of my pants are looser than they were. and other still feel the same.

So many lives have been changed, you ready to change your's. Debt free is the new sexy with It Works!
jaxTheMomm
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Hang on - you are working out hard, eating well, your pants are getting looser after only a month, and you are discouraged?  LOL

Take your measurements now, immediately.  Stop worrying about the scale.  The scale is usually wrong.  I haven't lost a pound in a month, but I've lost over an inch off my waist, an inch off my hips, and a bit off each thigh, too - and my back, shoulders and arms are getting very tank top ready.  I have the Gun Show going on!

If some pants are feeling looser, you have already lost at least several inches around your body!!

Did you know that after you work muscles very hard, they retain water?  That adds to what the scale thinks is going on.  Make sure you drink tons of water, and make sure you are eating enough.  A lot of people don't eat enough; your body needs serious fuel now to keep that metabolism stoked.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN