Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

My 1st mud run

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM
  • 17 Replies
So towards the end of April I am going to do a mud run. A 5k marathon with obstacles and lots f mud. The one I really wanna do is probably too challenging and costs too much. Hopefully next year I'll be able to do it. But it would've required me to break out my army pants and boots! Instead I'm going for a different one. Evidently here in my area we have like 5 mud runs a year. And I have my sights set on "the gauntlet" known for being impossible. This is just the motivation I need to workout more! I'm excited! Now I just need the time. Lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 13, 2013 at 5:03 AM

Good luck and have fun mama!!!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:18 AM

Have fun! Dh does mud runs and loves them... I prefer road races myself.

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Ooooh, have fun! 

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
Have fun! I've done quite a few mud runs including tough mudder, they're fun :) I have my next one in less than a month..it's a 5 mile run...can't wait!
cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:29 AM
See im not big on running or marathons. But this is right up my ally. I'll run to an obstacle. And throw in mud! Heck yeah!! I can't wait to quit working and join the gym. Then I'm gonna train for the really hard one. "the gauntlet" it looks brutal from the pics.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Have fun! I've done quite a few mud runs including tough mudder, they're fun :) I have my next one in less than a month..it's a 5 mile run...can't wait!

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Is the gauntlet a local one or a traveling one? How long is it?

Quoting cntrdmom:

See im not big on running or marathons. But this is right up my ally. I'll run to an obstacle. And throw in mud! Heck yeah!! I can't wait to quit working and join the gym. Then I'm gonna train for the really hard one. "the gauntlet" it looks brutal from the pics.

Quoting MamaJessx3:

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Cool! Have fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haileys_mommy06
by Jenn on Feb. 13, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Yay! Have fun!

cntrdmom
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I think it's local. I'm in fort worth, tx. It's 5mi and the obstacles look pretty difficult. Maybe google it and see if it is in other areas. I'd do it this year if I had more time to prepare. I don't have a significant amount of weight to lose. Only another 10-20lbs. But I have a significant amount of strength and stamina to gain. The gauntlet reminds me of some stuff I did in the army. So I know I'm capable but I know I'm nowhere near ready. Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting cntrdmom:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 PM
I found it! It is one that travels but I don't see any near me. It looks very comparable to the runs I do, aside from tough mudder which is just in a whole different league. Definitely go for that! I think you have plenty of time to get ready for that this year if you really want to. I did my first mud run only a few months after I started running and I had done no strength training! Now I've been doing crossfit for a little over 4 months so I've improved a lot strength wise so the mud runs are much easier now, but its nice to be able to see and feel the improvement.

Quoting cntrdmom:

I think it's local. I'm in fort worth, tx. It's 5mi and the obstacles look pretty difficult. Maybe google it and see if it is in other areas. I'd do it this year if I had more time to prepare. I don't have a significant amount of weight to lose. Only another 10-20lbs. But I have a significant amount of strength and stamina to gain. The gauntlet reminds me of some stuff I did in the army. So I know I'm capable but I know I'm nowhere near ready. Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting cntrdmom:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)