Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Ways to naturally lift?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
  • 7 Replies

I'm extremely large busted. To say the least, I've never lost weight in my chest...ever. Even when I dropped 40-45lbs, my chest stayed the exact same. When cheerleading was over, I simply gained back the 40-45lbs (which was expected) but my chest went from a 38C to a 38DDD, when I graduated high school.

Got pregnant with my first son... ballooned to a 38J. I am now teetering over that just a hair. I do not have a supportive bra, as I am a nursing mom, and I jsut can't afford to order-send back-order-send back- until I find one comfy enough, and supportive, and that has to be nursing. I read reviews on all of them too, just to see what others say. But, at this time, a new bra is out of the option. I currently wear a 44 sports bra, just for that material in the front of it, and just constantly shove the boobs back up, lol.

Here's my dilemma. I have low lights. My nipples... they address the floor. I want them to address whatever is in front of me. lol. 

I told hubby I want to get some free weights, but in the mean time, other than push ups (I can't do them for the life of me and I have horrid sciatica right now too-so I have to watch what I do regardless), what else can I do with no free weights? I like to pick upt he kids and 'bench' them from time to time... lol. 

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
itsm3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM

do you have any resistence bands?  those give you a fantastic workout.

ForeverInLove
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Quoting itsm3:

do you have any resistence bands?  those give you a fantastic workout.

No, I don't. 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

LOL I don't really think there's much you can do.  You can do dumbbell chest press (get some of the dumbbells that can be 10, 15, 20, 25 lbs) and start with the 10s doing a few sets of a few reps of chest press lying on the floor. Until you can get the dumbbells, use the kids! or anything else you can find around the house...i'm trying to think of something good.  Milk jugs work for some stuff but I don't think chest press....  But that will only develop the muscles under the fat and the breasts will still aim down sorry ;)

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Sadly, there isn't much you can do to change the direction of your nipples.  I have the same issue, but actually, I've found that as I've slimmed down, they've find of found their way forward (and everything behind them has deflated to a DD, which is nice, but they are now, as I call them, my "deflated funbags").  Strength training can maybe help SOME, but not a ton.

You can try doing tricep dips off a chair, because they also work the chest, and that might be a good angle to hit them from.  Resistance bands and hand weights really are vital, especially if you can't do pushups.  Have you been doing stretches and heat/ice for the sciatica?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ForeverInLove
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM
My sciatica is caused by a tipped pelvis. No amount if heat or ice helps. :( My chiro likes to tell me I'm his most difficult patient, lol. He told me of something I could try, but I don't have steps available to me, nor do I have a way to make any at this point.

Quoting musicpisces:

Sadly, there isn't much you can do to change the direction of your nipples.  I have the same issue, but actually, I've found that as I've slimmed down, they've find of found their way forward (and everything behind them has deflated to a DD, which is nice, but they are now, as I call them, my "deflated funbags").  Strength training can maybe help SOME, but not a ton.

You can try doing tricep dips off a chair, because they also work the chest, and that might be a good angle to hit them from.  Resistance bands and hand weights really are vital, especially if you can't do pushups.  Have you been doing stretches and heat/ice for the sciatica?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM

What about a stool or even a curb, depending on what it is?  Sciatica sucks.  I had it for years, and it got even workse when I got pregnant.  Then while I was pregnant, a woman T-boned my car.  Luckily, my son and I were okay, but my sciatica's been gone ever since!  Not the recommended treatement!  LOL

Quoting ForeverInLove:

My sciatica is caused by a tipped pelvis. No amount if heat or ice helps. :( My chiro likes to tell me I'm his most difficult patient, lol. He told me of something I could try, but I don't have steps available to me, nor do I have a way to make any at this point.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

ForeverInLove
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I don't have any stools that won't tip if I stand on the edge. they are kid stools for the bathroom, lol. And, we don't have a curb, nonetheless, it's winter. I have a step outside the trailer, but it's winter. It's icy, it's cold. I have asthma, and three children indoors to care for, lol. 

And, I didn't get sciatic until my first. Gone after him, and then I got pregnant with my daughter. It came back, gone after she dropped. After I had her, it started coming back. Got pregnant with my youngest, and it was really back, and even after him, I still struggle with it. I can't even make it happen... I'll just be walking and that horrid shooting pain goes from my back to my knees or toes. I hate it. I can't even go to physical therapy, because of copays and deductibles. 

ETA: I'll be trying to avoid your fix for it, lol

Quoting musicpisces:

What about a stool or even a curb, depending on what it is?  Sciatica sucks.  I had it for years, and it got even workse when I got pregnant.  Then while I was pregnant, a woman T-boned my car.  Luckily, my son and I were okay, but my sciatica's been gone ever since!  Not the recommended treatement!  LOL

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting musicpisces:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)