Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm giving up....

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM
  • 17 Replies

p90x that is. After restarting it twice. I can't seem to enjoy it. I thought I would be able to. I have been so busy lately with everyone being sick , having to do a lot of running around. With other programs I MADE the time. This time i don't care. It's just ehhh. I'll get around to it. I dislike working out in general , but i need some thing I can look forward to.  I have a lot of toning to do. Since I like working out with weights Maybe I'll redo Chalean extreme.Her voice is lovely compare to Tony and the back round music I can deal with .

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:27 AM

You definitely need something you do not dread... otherwise .. you won't do it. Chalean is pretty good. I have her Turbo Fire program.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I hope you like Chalean!  :)  I'd love to try her programs

aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I love her ! I haven't done turbo jam but I love extreme

Quoting Stefanie83:

I hope you like Chalean!  :)  I'd love to try her programs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I don't blame ya. If you constantly dread it, it's time for something new.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM
That's what I figured. This is the first time ever felt the need to give up on a program.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I don't blame ya. If you constantly dread it, it's time for something new.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

If you constantly dread having to do it, then it's not the workout for you.

I personally love Chalean and love TurboFire and TurboJam, but that's also because I like workouts that are more upbeat and having a more dancing kind of theme to it. 

It's okay that P90X didn't work out.  You'll find another program that you'll love and stick with to achieve your weight loss goals.  Is there anything specific that you are looking for?  What type of workouts do you like?

aprilsalcro
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:09 PM
I like anything that and involves resistance bands or weights. I have completed chalean extreme before. I have done insanity before , 30 day shred and a few other programs , so I'm not a beginner. I like to give everything a try.I'm just sad p90x wasn't what I thought it would be.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

If you constantly dread having to do it, then it's not the workout for you.

I personally love Chalean and love TurboFire and TurboJam, but that's also because I like workouts that are more upbeat and having a more dancing kind of theme to it. 

It's okay that P90X didn't work out.  You'll find another program that you'll love and stick with to achieve your weight loss goals.  Is there anything specific that you are looking for?  What type of workouts do you like?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Definitely do what makes you happy.  For me, I wish that I can play sports more.  I played indoor soccer on monday for the first time and loved it.  I love sports.  I've played it all my life and it makes me happy.  I just don't have time to play sports and I also need other people.

For now....I will try to run....because I at least like it.

itsm3
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 PM

don't do something you hate, you won't be able to find the motivation to continue.  switch to something else.

i love p90x and am now doing p90x.  tony is a bit hard to take at first but you learn to tune him out.  the program is fantastic and you definitely get results but if he annoys you constantly and makes you break your focus, switch to something else.

crabbyD
by Diana on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I understand... I started getting annoyed with other workouts and wishing they would just end... Chalene, on the other hand I enjoy truly.  I'm currently doing Turbo Fire.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)