Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How do you do it?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM
  • 32 Replies
How do you fit your exercise time into your schedule with your kids? If they're still at home, do you have someone watch them while you go exercise?
My DH watches my son while I go exercise. Just wondering how other mommas fit it into their schedule!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I have to be very flexible.  I'll do DVDs with DS (he's 4, and he loves to do them with me).  I do runs whenever I can.  Tomorrow I'm getting up at 4AM to get in a run before I have clinicals.  Today I went after class, while DS was still in preschool.  I just get it in where I can.  If I can't get away from the house, DVDs are my go-to, and he'll do them with me to some degree.  He just plays out of range if he becomes "over it."

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

JoanB1117
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I have a 15 month old, so he has to sit in his high chair if I ever do anything at home while he's awake because he doesn't understand how to stay out from under your feel so he doesn't get stepped on! Im going to start the shred, but I'll do that during his nap time. I go to yoga every day which is when DH watches him. I think it's good they have that bonding time since he's at work all day.

Quoting musicpisces:

I have to be very flexible.  I'll do DVDs with DS (he's 4, and he loves to do them with me).  I do runs whenever I can.  Tomorrow I'm getting up at 4AM to get in a run before I have clinicals.  Today I went after class, while DS was still in preschool.  I just get it in where I can.  If I can't get away from the house, DVDs are my go-to, and he'll do them with me to some degree.  He just plays out of range if he becomes "over it."

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:10 AM
I Do it right after work (11:30pm) when my daughter is asleep. Otherwise she just does insanity with me. When I ran my husband watched her. Or if I went to the gym I would either leave her at home with my husband or take her to the gym daycare...she loved it there.
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:18 AM
Sometimes she'll have quite time while workout. Or I wait til s/o comes home so can go on a walk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jazzy2010
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:27 AM
I go to the gym while the kids are at school most days. I recently quit my job. If not I go late at night when my husband is home.
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
I know how that goes! DS was 18 months when I started, and he loved to be underfoot. His favorite thing was to drive trucks between my legs while I tried to do squats! LOL Now he gets excited when he sees Jillian Michaels!
Keep at it with him, though. He'll learn his boundaries. But it's definitely frustrating in the meantime!

Quoting JoanB1117:

I have a 15 month old, so he has to sit in his high chair if I ever do anything at home while he's awake because he doesn't understand how to stay out from under your feel so he doesn't get stepped on! Im going to start the shred, but I'll do that during his nap time. I go to yoga every day which is when DH watches him. I think it's good they have that bonding time since he's at work all day.

Quoting musicpisces:

whatmynameagain
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I do my tapes with the kids. My older goes to school and the younger two play by me or do it with me. There are some interruptions but it's the only way I get it done. In order to do itand fbefore the kids wake Id have to get up at 5 am and that is not happening
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KJC119
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I use DVDs and workout in the am during the little guy's nap.   Twice a week I have my in laws babysit while I go to my fiance's personal training studio and join in on group training.

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I wait until my girls go to bed.  My husband works nights, so I don't have anyone to watch them most days.  I do get out on Sundays for walks by myself.

kary1124
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

i do dvds at home and my kids just play in their room or sit on the couch watch me.. theyre are a little older.. 5 and 3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN