Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Am I eating okay?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
  • 21 Replies
So here is what I ate today:
Breakfast:
3 eggs with 1/8 cup cheddar cheese and diced chilies. This was on a Thomas whole wheat bagel thin (110 calories, 6g protein)
I also had a kcup for my Keurig with 4tsp sugar (I know, I am cutting back, trust me it used to be a LOT more sugar), and 1.5 tbs creamer.

Lunch:
"Sneaky spaghetti": whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, 1 diced tomato, diced red onion and puréed kale. I had 1.5 servings.
1 kiwi
16oz water

10oz of water in between lunch and late snack

Late snack:
Yoplait Greek yogurt
String cheese
25 pistachios
16oz of water

After my workout I will also have my protein drink and during my workout I will drink about 32oz of water.

I can't have both lunch and dinner due to my work schedule, do this is the best way I can make my schedule work. I forgot my Baggie of cauliflower and carrots in the fridge :( so I didn't have that today.
Is this okay? I'm trying to do multiple high protein foods and am working out to insanity 6 days s week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Forgot to add the sneaky spaghetti also had 3/4lb of ground beef in it (it was a huge pot). We normally buy ground turkey because we both hate ground beef but the store was out of ground turkey.
greenhazel96
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:42 AM
You did pretty good, definitely cut back on sugar and dont just eat pasta or any carbs without a protien, and add in a serving of veggies. I wouldnt eat ground beef unless it is super lean
AllofFive19
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:45 AM

I'd cut back to 2 eggs, or better yet, 1.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:52 AM

I only ate about 2, I just ate whatever fit on the sandwich.  I wasn't sure how many I needed to make.  

I don't know what to do for veggies beside just eating them raw.  I hate cooked veggies unless it is with rice.  

Quoting AllofFive19:

I'd cut back to 2 eggs, or better yet, 1.

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
sunshine86912
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:05 AM
1 mom liked this

what about 1-2 eggs and then just soem egg whites?

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:53 AM

I figured out today I really only need to make 2 eggs.  I made 3 because 2 didn't look like enough to put on the bagel thin.  I found out it was too much.  I'll probably just make 2 eggs next time.  Trial and error lol

Quoting sunshine86912:

what about 1-2 eggs and then just soem egg whites?

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:20 AM

Quoting armygirl16:

Breakfast:
3 eggs with 1/8 cup cheddar cheese and diced chilies. This was on a Thomas whole wheat bagel thin (110 calories, 6g protein)
I also had a kcup for my Keurig with 4tsp sugar (I know, I am cutting back, trust me it used to be a LOT more sugar), and 1.5 tbs creamer.Yeah, 2 eggs not 3 unless you are doing egg whites and a whole egg...add some more veggies- spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, etc...holy sugar and creamer batman!! I know you said you are cutting back, but that is still a junk load. There is nothing redeeming about the sugar and creamer- empty calories...

Lunch:
"Sneaky spaghetti": whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, 1 diced tomato, diced red onion and puréed kale. I had 1.5 servings. Be careful- tomato sauce has a lot of sodium in it. Add more veggies- spinach, peppers, mushrooms, carrots,etc...
1 kiwi
16oz water

Late snack:
Yoplait Greek yogurt
String cheese
25 pistachios
16oz of water

After my workout I will also have my protein drink and during my workout I will drink about 32oz of water.

I can't have both lunch and dinner due to my work schedule, do this is the best way I can make my schedule work. I forgot my Baggie of cauliflower and carrots in the fridge :( so I didn't have that today.
Is this okay? I'm trying to do multiple high protein foods and am working out to insanity 6 days s week.Honestly, I'm not a fan of protein drinks. They are a very poor substitute for whole sources of protein and you don't need it. The only reason to use protein powder/drinks is if you are pulling a lot of weights, which you don't do in Insanity. If you beef up your main meals with more veggies, you will be much better off in the long run. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Yeah I know, but I can't drink coffee with no sugar or creamer, it just tastes gross. I cut out soda, so coffee is my only caffeine source, and I need it. I will only do 3 tsp today. It is my only"treat".

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting armygirl16:

Breakfast:

I also had a kcup for my Keurig with 4tsp sugar (I know, I am cutting back, trust me it used to be a LOT more sugar), and 1.5 tbs creamer.
Yeah, 2 eggs not 3 unless you are doing egg whites and a whole egg...add some more veggies- spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, etc...holy sugar and creamer batman!! I know you said you are cutting back, but that is still a junk load. There is nothing redeeming about the sugar and creamer- empty calories...

Lunch:

"Sneaky spaghetti": whole wheat pasta, tomato sauce, 1 diced tomato, diced red onion and puréed kale. I had 1.5 servings. Be careful- tomato sauce has a lot of sodium in it. Add more veggies- spinach, peppers, mushrooms, carrots,etc...

1 kiwi

16oz water

Late snack:

Yoplait Greek yogurt

String cheese

25 pistachios

16oz of water

Is this okay? I'm trying to do multiple high protein foods and am working out to insanity 6 days s week.Honestly, I'm not a fan of protein drinks. They are a very poor substitute for whole sources of protein and you don't need it. The only reason to use protein powder/drinks is if you are pulling a lot of weights, which you don't do in Insanity. If you beef up your main meals with more veggies, you will be much better off in the long run. 

eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Try letting your coffee cool a bit before drinking it.  :-)  Most brewers brew to around 120 degrees or even a little higher.  Coffee tastes best, on its own, between 100 and 115 degrees.  

You could also try just using a Tablespoon of straight up heavy cream instead of prepared creamer and sugar.  The fats in cream add a "sweetness" to coffee without the calories of sugar.

Quoting armygirl16:

Yeah I know, but I can't drink coffee with no sugar or creamer, it just tastes gross. I cut out soda, so coffee is my only caffeine source, and I need it. I will only do 3 tsp today. It is my only"treat".

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting armygirl16:

Breakfast:

Yeah, 2 eggs not 3 unless you are doing egg whites and a whole egg...add some more veggies- spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, etc...holy sugar and creamer batman!! I know you said you are cutting back, but that is still a junk load. There is nothing redeeming about the sugar and creamer- empty calories...

Lunch:

1 kiwi

16oz water

Late snack:

Yoplait Greek yogurt

String cheese

25 pistachios

16oz of water

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:08 PM

I do let it cool. I can't drink it when it is that hot.  Usually I let it sit for 8ish minutes before I actually drink it.  I cut back today to 3 teaspoons of sugar and 3teaspoons of creamer as well.  The coffee already has a bitter taste but I'll keep it at this ratio until I get used to it.  I don't think I could go down to 2 tsp just yet.  

Quoting eema.gray:

Try letting your coffee cool a bit before drinking it.  :-)  Most brewers brew to around 120 degrees or even a little higher.  Coffee tastes best, on its own, between 100 and 115 degrees.  

You could also try just using a Tablespoon of straight up heavy cream instead of prepared creamer and sugar.  The fats in cream add a "sweetness" to coffee without the calories of sugar.

Quoting armygirl16:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting armygirl16:

Breakfast:

Lunch:

1 kiwi

16oz water

Late snack:

Yoplait Greek yogurt

String cheese

25 pistachios

16oz of water

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)