Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Do we all have our "healthy weight"?

Posted by   + Show Post

I've plateaued at 140 (I'm 5'8") and I've continued exercising and eating healthy. I would like to be 10 pounds lighter, I'm just not happy here. I'm in a healthy BMI so my question is, are we just supposed to be happy once our weight stops in a healthy BMI? I'm so unhappy with my body, maybe 10 more pounds won't make a difference in how I feel.

What's your goal? Do you want to be curvy? Do you want to be healthy?

Lilypie - (aFSs)

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Replies (11-17):
eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I wonder if the "ten pounds" could be improved with pulling heavy weights 2 or 3 days a week?  You probably won't lose weight but you'll tone your body and lose any extra inches still hanging on.

Quoting marihla:

I wonder if that's what's happening right now. I'm still working out and trying to tone my belly, legs and arms. It's hard to know if the scale is staying the same due to muscle gain. I wish I could be less fixated on the numbers.

Quoting snowpeasmom:

I think there is. Why not go for toning now, with light weights, the scale may go up but your inches will go down.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
KellBell0820
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I'm weird when it comes to the BMI scale, I look the best at a weight that is still considered overweight for my height. Have you tried doing more strength training? You may still weigh the same but you'll be more trim.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
qslaqhay
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:30 PM
5'7" . i started doing the shred to loose those last 10 pds. I start 10 days ago. Im trying to tone too. I start the shred at 140, as off today im 136.5 and i can see the difference.

Quoting marihla:

Okay, thanks.

Quoting Liz132:

It doesn't sound like you need to loose anymore weight. 140 is a good weight for a 5'8" woman. I think now would be a good time to focus on muscle building.

marihla
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Shred? Do tell!

Quoting qslaqhay:

5'7" . i started doing the shred to loose those last 10 pds. I start 10 days ago. Im trying to tone too. I start the shred at 140, as off today im 136.5 and i can see the difference.

Quoting marihla:

Okay, thanks.

Quoting Liz132:

It doesn't sound like you need to loose anymore weight. 140 is a good weight for a 5'8" woman. I think now would be a good time to focus on muscle building.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:18 PM
I'm at a healthy BMI but I'm really close to the unhealthy range. I want to lose about 20 more lbs which would put me 9 lbs away from the lower end of the range. Even when I was 125 a couple years ago I wasn't quite happy with my body. I was always 108-112 before I had my daughter. I'd be happy around 116 though.
I'm not sure what the range is for your height, but last week I was the same weight as you. I'm 4 1/2 " shorter than you. Maybe try toning up if you are unhappy. Measuring yourself as well.
Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My ultimate goal is to be healthy, but I'd love to be healthy in a size 2 pants, lol

marihla
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Yeah I`m 10 pounds away from being too thin. But I wouldn`t mind being borderline lol.

Quoting armygirl16:

I'm at a healthy BMI but I'm really close to the unhealthy range. I want to lose about 20 more lbs which would put me 9 lbs away from the lower end of the range. Even when I was 125 a couple years ago I wasn't quite happy with my body. I was always 108-112 before I had my daughter. I'd be happy around 116 though.
I'm not sure what the range is for your height, but last week I was the same weight as you. I'm 4 1/2 " shorter than you. Maybe try toning up if you are unhappy. Measuring yourself as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)