Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Anyone doing ViSalus?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
  • 28 Replies

I started a 90 day challenge on Feb 1 with ViSalus. I haven't done all the great with it but slowly getting the hang of it. The first few days I lost about 6 pounds but then gained like 5 of that back over a 4 day time between birthday parties, in laws visiting, and boredom.

I seem to be back on track now. My goal for 90 days is to lose 40lbs, but honestly I would be happy with 25.

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Nope I'm eating healthy, exercising and lots of water! Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Never heard of it. But i just started Jillian Michaels 30 day shred today. What is ViSalus?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jambaby
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

ViSalus is a powder you add to smoothies or shakes you make with healthy ingredients. You do two smoothies/shakes a day and have 2 healthy snacks and a full (healthy) meal. I like how easy it is to make. My problem was going all day and not eating anything (super busy with kids and house), come 3PM when kids got home I would eat none stop until I went to bed. So doing the smoothie in the middle of the day is nice for me - I get what I need, feel full and don't eat everything in sight.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Nope... I don't drink shakes. I eat well, drink water and workout....

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

cherylleslie
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:33 AM

I just started my second 90 day challenge! I lost 16lbs in my first challenge and my goal is to lose another 20 (or more) during this 90 day challenge.  I LOVE the shakes and how easy and versatile they are!  There are hundreds of different recipes you can make and they offer a 90 day money back guarantee and the chance to get your kits for free!!! 

How is you challenge going? :)

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 5:33 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Nope... I don't drink shakes. I eat well, drink water and workout....

jambaby
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM

mcginnisc - are you saying because I have chosen to make very healthy smoothies I am not eating well?

AmandaLacy
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I am doing the shakes I lost 6lbs in the first week then I stopped for a week and half because my mom passed away and it was very hectic. So I just tried really hard to continue eating healthy and drink lots of water. I am back on them and love them so much. I know I am eaging way more fruits and veggies then before.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting jambaby:

mcginnisc - are you saying because I have chosen to make very healthy smoothies I am not eating well?

In a nutshell, you are still using a processed item. It is not a whole source of anything, therefore it is not the best option. Eating well means eating cleanly- no processed items ( shakes, replacement meals, bars), eating whole food sources that are as close to the natural state of that product as possible of which a processed powder does not fit this description, exercising 30 minutes per day 3-5x per week depending on your physical fitness level, and drinking water. 

I'm not going to argue with anyone. This is my opinon due to several years of research on health, fitness, and food. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

jambaby
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Why don't you ask questins before you just assume I am putting processd stuff into my diet. Other than the powder I use whole organic fruits and veggies (yes I event use vegies in my smoothies). I am also in far country so nearly all of my fruits,veggies, and even meat come straight from the farm. I even raise chickens in my back yard so I have fresh eggs (that I rarely eat and if I do now it is the whites). So believe me I eat clean. Yes, I do indulge here and there with sweets and non organic stuff - but since I started getting healthy over a year ago I have cut most of that out of my diet.

As for exercising I go to the gym 5 days a week for 2 hours each time. I switch it up from cardio to strength training, I even do aqua zumba and gentle yoga.

Why not ask questions before hand and not assume just because I (or anyone else) choose to use a type of program to get healthy that I am not eating healty, drinking water (btw I drink a minimum of 64oz a day), or exercising.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting jambaby:

In a nutshell, you are still using a processed item. It is not a whole source of anything, therefore it is not the best option. Eating well means eating cleanly- no processed items ( shakes, replacement meals, bars), eating whole food sources that are as close to the natural state of that product as possible of which a processed powder does not fit this description, exercising 30 minutes per day 3-5x per week depending on your physical fitness level, and drinking water. 

I'm not going to argue with anyone. This is my opinon due to several years of research on health, fitness, and food. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN