Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Checking in...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

I don't post a lot, but I lurk. I love knowing that I am not alone in this journey! I am stuck at a 10 lb loss. I am having trouble sticking to the plan and exercising as much as I should. I am about to exercise now. I had an epiphany while reading tips from past Biggest Loser contestants. One of them said "The first step is to commit". Well, there's my problem, I do commit, and then I fall off the wagon and get down on myself and let myself wallow in the fatiness of it all. So, I will try to change my thinking. The first step is to commit, but not just once. You have to recommit every minute of every day (especially for a chronic snacker like me). My DH bought all my favorite treats for v-day. Well, I don't have to freaking eat it all in a couple days! Every time I reach for one, I will try to be more aware and decide if I want it because I am bored and if it is worth it. If I know I can't walk away after one, then I won't have any until I feel more in control. I also downloaded 30 day shred! eeekkk lol I watched it last night and I am scared! It will be hard, but I want to do it. However, Aunt Flo showed her ugly face early, so I'll wait. I'm hoping it gives me a little push in the right direction. My ultimate goal is to be healthy and strong and at least 100 lbs lighter by this time next year. I am 10 lbs and a few inches down. I will not quit. I may lose a couple of battles along the way, but I will get back on that proverbial horse and finish this time! It's not just about me, but about teaching my sweet boy good habits and never hesitating to do anything with him because I'm too fat. I will not short change myself or him!

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JoanB1117
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:16 PM
You sound just like me! I have tried losing weight before, but 3 weeks ago I finally put my stubbornness to good use! I refuse to give up until I've lost at least 50 pounds. Im half a pound away from losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I also bought 30 day shred and it gets here next week! I also have a son I want to be able to run around with! Good luck on your weight loss!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I had to 100% commit and then once I did, there was no going back!  Good luck!

itsm3
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

the hardest part is the beginning.

in order to make fitness part of your life, you have to make it into a habit.  in order to create a new habit, you must do the same thing repeatedly for 4-6wks at least 5x/week.  the less you do it, the longer it will take the habit to form.  this is simple human psychology and adaptation - do the same thing every day around the same time every day and it will become part of your routine that you just have to do every day.

this is why for beginners, i always suggest to figure out when you will be eating and eat around the same times every day.  same for exercise - pick a time that you can do it every day at the same time.  when you are "scheuduled" like this, your body adapts faster - similar to how we try and readjust during DST - we do the same thing every day until our bodies adjust to the new time.

because we're all busy and often plan things out, making exercise something you do at a specific time helps you plan out your day.  similarily when you wake up, the first thign is to brush your teeth; exercise some come like that; when your time to exercise rolls around, your body will feel the need to do it because it's part of your daily routine.

wahmx3
by Shelley on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I love your idea of recommitting every single day....losing weight and exercising takes dedication, know we all have bad days, or even bad weeks, but just get started all over again....you can do it. Don't let Aunt Flo stop you, she can be mean but you are stronger and tougher than she is!30 day shred isn't easy but worth it, do the modified exercises at first and keep going.

clearlyme
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Lol...yeah, I have that stuborness you speak of! Congrats on your weight loss so far, and I'll post before and after 30 day shred pics (when I am done), if you will :) Those boys keep you running! I always helped with my neices more, so I had no idea how much more active boys can be. Wyatt just doesn't stop! I need lots of energy for that monkey!

Quoting JoanB1117:

You sound just like me! I have tried losing weight before, but 3 weeks ago I finally put my stubbornness to good use! I refuse to give up until I've lost at least 50 pounds. Im half a pound away from losing 10 pounds in 3 weeks. I also bought 30 day shred and it gets here next week! I also have a son I want to be able to run around with! Good luck on your weight loss!

clearlyme
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM

This is great advice! Thank you so much for the info. I have been exercising during my son's naps, which makes me sad sometimes because I want to sleep too lol, but it is so worth it! I notice if I skip a few days exercising, my body cries out for it. Also, I have noticed that my body is finally craving more clean foods and protests heavily when I eat junk. Makes you wonder how you ate so much junk before when you realize how terrible it makes you feel. 

Quoting itsm3:

the hardest part is the beginning.

in order to make fitness part of your life, you have to make it into a habit.  in order to create a new habit, you must do the same thing repeatedly for 4-6wks at least 5x/week.  the less you do it, the longer it will take the habit to form.  this is simple human psychology and adaptation - do the same thing every day around the same time every day and it will become part of your routine that you just have to do every day.

this is why for beginners, i always suggest to figure out when you will be eating and eat around the same times every day.  same for exercise - pick a time that you can do it every day at the same time.  when you are "scheuduled" like this, your body adapts faster - similar to how we try and readjust during DST - we do the same thing every day until our bodies adjust to the new time.

because we're all busy and often plan things out, making exercise something you do at a specific time helps you plan out your day.  similarily when you wake up, the first thign is to brush your teeth; exercise some come like that; when your time to exercise rolls around, your body will feel the need to do it because it's part of your daily routine.

clearlyme
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Thank you! You are right about the dedication! I have to tell myself, "you didn't get this fat in a few days, so this will take time to fix". Aunt Flo is not my friend, my biggest symptom is fatigue, so I'm attempting to power through. :)

Quoting wahmx3:

I love your idea of recommitting every single day....losing weight and exercising takes dedication, know we all have bad days, or even bad weeks, but just get started all over again....you can do it. Don't let Aunt Flo stop you, she can be mean but you are stronger and tougher than she is!30 day shred isn't easy but worth it, do the modified exercises at first and keep going.

JoanB1117
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this
I can't wait to get the shred next week because I can't get past the 9 and a half pounds I've lost! So frustrating. But I will definitely do the pictures too! Manny is always running around the house. I swear he never sits still!

Quoting clearlyme:

Lol...yeah, I have that stuborness you speak of! Congrats on your weight loss so far, and I'll post before and after 30 day shred pics (when I am done), if you will :) Those boys keep you running! I always helped with my neices more, so I had no idea how much more active boys can be. Wyatt just doesn't stop! I need lots of energy for that monkey!

Quoting JoanB1117:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)