Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Is this a better breakfast?

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

2 eggs, 2 egg whites, kale, tomato and red pepper. Is this better??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:34 PM
And MFP says it is only 207 calories.
eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I personally don't "get" the whole obsession with egg whites, LOL.  I usually just budget two whole eggs for me, plus the veggies.  Looks yum!

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I added the egg whites for more substance, but less calories, since I was adding a lot of veggies.

Quoting eema.gray:

I personally don't "get" the whole obsession with egg whites, LOL.  I usually just budget two whole eggs for me, plus the veggies.  Looks yum!

eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM

When I make this kind of breakfast (at least a few times a week), I add fat for calories/saitity.  :-D  Usually a T of butter or coconut oil per serving, sometimes more.

Quoting armygirl16:

I added the egg whites for more substance, but less calories, since I was adding a lot of veggies.

Quoting eema.gray:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
icn_mom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That looks pretty healthy :) veggies and protien.. ymmy :D

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Seems great to me!  A little low on calories for ME but that depends on your calorie needs and what else you plan to eat the rest of the day :)

I didn't see the previous post so I'm not sure what I'm comparing it to so I can't say if it's better ;)

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I had extra calories in my coffee w/sugar and cream this morning. I know I shouldn't but that's the only way I can drink my coffee.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Seems great to me!  A little low on calories for ME but that depends on your calorie needs and what else you plan to eat the rest of the day :)

I didn't see the previous post so I'm not sure what I'm comparing it to so I can't say if it's better ;)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Looks healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)