Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Have you ever

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone else gotten to the end of a day when they ate SO healthy that they felt content (not hungry, not overly full) all day, but didn't enough calories?
What did you do? Did you just let yourself stay under your calorie goal, or did you try to eat more to get to your calorie goal (or over 1200 at least)?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM

If I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. I eat when I'm hungry. There were days that I'd log 1000 calories, others I'd log around 1800 (rarely).

It's not good to eat just to eat IMO. 

CafeMom Tickers
eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:51 PM

I go looking for some fat, LOL.  Kids and I have been known to put a half cup of coconut oil out on the table and graze at will.  :-)

JoanB1117
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I try to eat at least 1200 because I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. Some days I just eat so many veggies that Im full! I never force myself to eat tho to the point where I feel stuffed

Quoting EvilAsh:

If I wasn't hungry, I didn't eat. I eat when I'm hungry. There were days that I'd log 1000 calories, others I'd log around 1800 (rarely).

eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Veggies and fruits are good but what about fats?  Are you getting any?  i cook at least half of my daily vegetables in fats to improve calories.  :-)

Quoting JoanB1117:

I try to eat at least 1200 because I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. Some days I just eat so many veggies that Im full! I never force myself to eat tho to the point where I feel stuffed

Quoting EvilAsh:

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
JoanB1117
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:14 PM
Yea I get fats throughout the day. I use my fitness pal so thats where I get most of my info for the nutritional side of things. Im definitely not an expert tho!

Quoting eema.gray:

Veggies and fruits are good but what about fats?  Are you getting any?  i cook at least half of my daily vegetables in fats to improve calories.  :-)

Quoting JoanB1117:

Quoting EvilAsh:

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM
I don't really have that problem lately. But when I did I would have a glass of 1% milk or half a banana and peanut butter after dinner snack. I never go lower then 1200 unless have the flu
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN