Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids and Food, LOL's

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 6 Replies

Kids and I had sardines in spicey tomato sauce, and avocados, for lunch today.  My son apparently no longer likes avocado but he did eat all his fish (and fast!).  My daughter likes avocado but no longer likes fish.  So she ate her avocado and handed her plate to my son, who had already finished his fish and he gave her his.  She got all the avocado, he got all the fish, hahahahaha.

Later, I found out she DOES like the fish, as long as it's off my plate and fork.

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Lol my daughter can be a weird bean too when it comes to healh food. She love brocolli but I have to call them trees!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I love that you feed your kids all kinds of things like that.  My first reaction was "ew!" but I honestly have never eaten a sardine!

eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:29 PM

I love sardines!  A lot of the "trick" is parental enthusiasm.  :-)  I'm all "oh look at this guys!  Doesn't it smell GOOD?  We're going to have yummy fish in tomato sauce for lunch!  What you you guys think?????"  ROFL  I sound like a bluthering idiot but my two "big kids" are young enough still that they totally buy it.

Quoting Silvertears1275:

I love that you feed your kids all kinds of things like that.  My first reaction was "ew!" but I honestly have never eaten a sardine!

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I am not above bribary and small white lies when it comes to food, LOL.  Plenty of times, I've told my 5 year old that even if he doesn't want his meat, his tummy dinosaur does and he should finish eating what's on his plate.  :-D

He's convinced there is a dinosaur that lives in his tummy.  sidesplittinglaughterrolling on floor

Quoting jendawn1:

Lol my daughter can be a weird bean too when it comes to healh food. She love brocolli but I have to call them trees!

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol that's funny.
I'm lucky, my daughter (who is 4 1/2) loves veggies. Mostly cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, but she will also eat snow peas. All raw though, she doesn't like cooked veggies. But I don't either lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I don't think I can take credit, LOL.  They were just born with foodie genetics I think.  My brother eats a lot like I do and has crazy picky kids.  

Quoting armygirl16:

Lol that's funny.
I'm lucky, my daughter (who is 4 1/2) loves veggies. Mostly cauliflower, broccoli and carrots, but she will also eat snow peas. All raw though, she doesn't like cooked veggies. But I don't either lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)