Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh F me

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

I totally have been doing a horrible job in general lately :s but I just ordered a Polar FT60F and I'm really excited for it to get here so I can actually see what I am accomplishing when I work out.

If you've bought a HRM were you shocked in a good way or bad way by the numbers or was it pretty much what you expected? 

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:42 PM
Bump don't have one
I have a question though. Does that one come with the chest strap or is it the watch?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.Tetz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one
I have a question though. Does that one come with the chest strap or is it the watch?

It's a watch that comes with a chest strap to I believe although I'll probably only use it as a watch.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Cool! Well hope it helps ya out!!

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one

It's a watch that comes with a chest strap to I believe although I'll probably only use it as a watch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:51 PM
It won't work without the chest strap. The chest strap has the transmitter on it. I've had two polars. I've used them for years so I know basically what to expect of my burns now.

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.Tetz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:54 PM

What do you mean it won't work without the chest strap? I ordered it new and it looks like you can wear it both ways?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

It won't work without the chest strap. The chest strap has the transmitter on it. I've had two polars. I've used them for years so I know basically what to expect of my burns now.

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one

MamaJessx3
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
The chest strap has the transmitter attached to it where the watch gets its info from (your heart rate, calories, etc). Plus wearing the chest strap is what makes is accurate. The ones that are just a watch are not accurate.

Quoting D.Tetz:

What do you mean it won't work without the chest strap? I ordered it new and it looks like you can wear it both ways?

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one

ericaaf
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:01 PM

i was shocked that in 1 hour of zumba i burned 620 calories...i have the mio hrm...

D.Tetz
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Okay so am I suppose to use the watch and strap at the same time? I thought it was either one or the other! Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

The chest strap has the transmitter attached to it where the watch gets its info from (your heart rate, calories, etc). Plus wearing the chest strap is what makes is accurate. The ones that are just a watch are not accurate.

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one

MamaJessx3
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Yes, both together. The watch is basically just a display for all the info.

Quoting D.Tetz:

Okay so am I suppose to use the watch and strap at the same time? I thought it was either one or the other! Lol

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting MamaJessx3:

Quoting D.Tetz:

Quoting jendawn1:

Bump don't have one

MomofHDFandNWF
OK -- what is up with this white stuff AGAIN!?!? How the heck are we suppose to have an Easter egg hunt outside in 2 days with this snow?
Yesterday at 10:53 AM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM

I have been told that if you are taking your exercise seriously it is a good thing to have one.  I use myfitnesspal and go with what they have in their data base for calorie burn.  But, it would be interesting to have one to see exactly how much I am burning.  Are they expensive?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)