Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

After a workout

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
  • 10 Replies

What do you do, drink, eat, etc? I want to workout at a gym (or at home) without worrying about not feeling good or feeling shakey, etc. Tips? Advice? Share?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
twrymom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I eat protein - Laughing Cow Cheese with crackers, or peanut butter on apples.  Sometimes a yogurt...it depends.

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Didn't someone say to not eat peanut butter? or something about fat free or low fat pb was good?

eema.gray
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Someone was advised to find other protein/fat sources in addition to PB because she was eating it several times a day.  PB itself isn't a problem, neither is cheees.  But if you eat either multiple times a day, you want to go looking for more variety in your diet.  :-)

Quoting Crissy2424:

Didn't someone say to not eat peanut butter? or something about fat free or low fat pb was good?

"I am only one, but I am still one; I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." ~~ Edward Everett Hale 1822-1909
ballerina.2006
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM
I would do a protein shake immediately if I had an insane workout. If it wasn't as hard core or I didn't try (off day) then I would just eat the next meal either lunch or dinner.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 PM
I usually have a glass of chocolate milk
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marihla
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:43 PM

If I eat something after I workout, I make it fruit. But I do recognize that I need my protein mid-day, not at night (after my workout). To each their own, you know your body best ;)

And I have lots of water.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:53 AM

Protein is best. Your muscles need the protein in order to rebuild and restrand as you tear your muscles with every movement during a workout. Eating 3 oz of chicken breast, PB and an apple, or chocolate milk are going to be your best whole sources for protein...Chocolate milk is fabulous as it gives your body protein, fat, and the carbs that your muscles need desperately. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:19 AM

i have to eat before i workout so i eat a light snack that is high in protein and carbs. 

after my workout, i have a protein-rich breakfast or a protein shake.

Crissy2424
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:49 AM

So if I had a banana after my workout that would be good. I will obviously be drinking water too

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Banana w pb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)