Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Start Losing Weight Now! Get Started Here...

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM
  • 37 Replies
10 moms liked this

If you want to lose weight, you've come to the right place!

The key to any weight loss plan is to eat less and move more. We're here to help motivate you and share tips to help keep you on track!

Set  Your Goals

There is nothing wrong with dreaming big, but a large factor in weight loss success is setting the right types of goals. Here are some tips for setting weight loss goals.

• Make it measurable
  • Focus on what is attainable
  • Think about the timing
  • Focus on the process 
  • Plan for setbacks
  • Adjust your goals as needed
  • Make sure you consult a doctor before beginning any weight loss or exercise program.

Eat Healthier Foods

Adopt a new eating style that promotes weight loss. Eat more fruits, vegtables and whole grains. Cut back on sugar and 'white foods'. Here are some links to help you along the way.

Drink Plenty of Water

Drinking at least 64oz of water a day is recommended. Drinking half your body weight in ounces is preferable to keep your body hydrated. Drinking water also helps to curb your between meal cravings.

Exercise

The more you move, the more calories you will burn. Staying active and eating right is the only truly effective way to lose weight and keep it off. We have provided you with links to various exercises to help you in your weight loss journey.

Accountability and Support

Tracking your food intake and excercise each day and will help you stay focused and motivated as you work each day to reach your weight loss goals.

Having a good support system is also key to weight loss sucess. Surround yourself with friends, family or even a workout/accountability partner who will support you in your weight loss journey.

Please feel free to ask for advice and tips on the group - we are all here for you.

Be sure to share your tips and support with the other moms here as well.

treadmillTogether we can help each other to stay on track and shed those pounds!:)

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my3kidsrock309
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Thank you!

teracheri
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
4 moms liked this

Awesome. I am excited I found this website. Maybe it will motivate me to stick with my goals!

romangio12
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 1:23 PM
6 moms liked this
I have been telling myself for so long that I'm going to work out and eat healthy and I always find excuses not to. I think this group is totally going to help me get motivated. Thanks!
pixiekittymommy
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 4:53 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm gonna have to keep checking back here for motivation and tips !!! Thanks :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Monsita
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so glad YOU ARE HERE!!!

Since the new year challange I HAVE BEEN WORKING OUT AND EATING MUCH HEALTHIER...

It is nice to know, I am not alone!!!

2girlsandadream
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Jeez i dont think i can drink 130 oz of water every day lol
Great tips thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ann706
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Ok hi i am ann mum of 3 boys 11 8 and 7starting from today I am 73. 8 kilo hoping to get down to 70 kilo by 11 may and over all goal I think is 10 stone not sure what this is in kilos. Tired of all the yo to dieting joined weight watchers Thursday so onwards and up and good luck everyone
UnderCoverWear
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Thanks for inviting me! I always struggled iwth weight loss, i made a vow this year! a few months ago i got invited to a wrap party, tried it and it worked! i lost almost 12 inches my first wrap, and NO its not water weight. Its toxin and fat loss,and it firms tones and tightens. I dont really wanna advertise here, even more so since i was invited... so sorry!!!! But i would like to show off my weight loss.. hopw thats okay!!!??? ~J.J.~

mygirls2012
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this
WOW exactly how does it work? are you dieting also? is it expensive? sorry for all the questions but im amazed at the results.. pm me if you would like.. thanks..
2wkmom2013
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:28 PM
2 moms liked this
Im excited..only 4 more weeks before im allowed to work out! Feeling super motivated!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)