Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Personal Trainer

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:47 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you hire a personal trainer if you could?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I say no, but I'm very uncomfortable around people so it would probably deter me from working out.  Maybe at some point it would interest me more....

itsm3
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:56 PM
dleon621
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I  would also hire a personal chef too!!!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Yep.. I'm actually getting my PT Certifications so I don't have one, but if I needed one, I would. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

parkersmama08
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I'm SO considering doing this soon! There's a class through our community college and the YMCA and I just need to come up with about $750 to take it. I would have NEVER thought I'd ever be interested in becoming a personal trainer a year and a half ago!!  :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Yep.. I'm actually getting my PT Certifications so I don't have one, but if I needed one, I would. 

mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Quoting parkersmama08:

I'm SO considering doing this soon! There's a class through our community college and the YMCA and I just need to come up with about $750 to take it. I would have NEVER thought I'd ever be interested in becoming a personal trainer a year and a half ago!!  :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

I'm getting my ACSM Certifications since it is one of the highest regarded in the business. I've been studying for about 6 months already. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Absolutely!  Actually I'd hire a triathlon coach that could also help push me even further in the gym.  I'm good at pushing myself, but I know from experience that having a trainer helps me push just a little further.  Plus, it's nice to have someone to spot you and check your form.  I'm good at my working out, and it's not a matter of need, for the sake of knowing what to do, but rather, someone to just push me further and help guide me and check how I'm doing.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:54 PM

I would.  I wouldn't work out on the equipment at a gym without seeing one for a few sessions at least.  I don't know how to use any of the equipment and don't want to look like an idiot trying to figure out how something is supposed to work.  So yeah, I'd hire one if I could.  I guess I "could" now but I'm doing insanity and don't know of any close gyms.  

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:41 AM
This :)

Quoting dleon621:

I  would also hire a personal chef too!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N_maricle
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:35 AM

It's not really my thing. I do Zumba and yoga classes, and then do the elliptical and ab routine independently. I've getting great results so I wouldn't really want to add a trainer in there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)