Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Binged...why? Very upset with myself

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am severely overweight, and have had many failed attempts at losing the weight.  At the beginning of january I found out that I have super high blood pressure.  I decided to get serious and start taking care of myself.  Since then I have been exercising and eating healthy and could see a drastic difference in how I felt and had alot of energy.  It has been going great, never felt deprived or anything.  Then yesterday I binged.  Not really sure why.  I ate alot of valentines day sweets at work and home, then ordered takeout from my fave restaurant  and ate way too much (very unhealthy food).  I planned to get back to normal today, but was very bad today also.  This has always been my downfall in the past.  I will have a binge, then can never get back on track, so I give up.  I really want to get back to my new eating/exercising habits that I was developing. I don't want to let this binge be an excuse to just give up.  I just feel so guilty and bad about myself, like I have blown all the hard work I have put into the last six weeks  just to binge for the past 2 days.  Any advice for getting back on track?  Or any ideas on why I do this? 

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LongBeachLiz
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Shake it off. Life happens and it's OK to have an.off day. Just get back to it! :D
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Silver Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM
5 moms liked this
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Make yourself a list of WHY you should get back on track.  Get rid of anything that might tempt you.  Don't beat yourself up or punish yourself, just do what you can to get right back on track... right now.  You won't ruin all your progress with one day or even two days.  I know how hard it is to struggle with binge eating.  You really just have to forgive yourself for it and pick up where you left off. 

mefingas
by Morgan on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:55 PM
Its one day. Everyday isa newday. When you wake up every morning look yourself in the mirror and say your goals. And if you really loves sweets try not to deprive yourself. One small piece of dark chocolate wont kill you and getting your fav takeoout every once in a while wont either. When you get it take out one serving put the rest in individual containers. That way you can have it over a couple of meals
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We are all guilty at one point or another falling off the "healthy" band wagon, but just tell yourself its ok to slip so long as you get back up!!! For me on this change of lifestyle, I am allowing myself naughty things every so often. I know that If I just say ok no more crap food period, im going to fail, and hard! tomorrow night is date night and this girl is getting a thing of popcorn with extra butter! and I REUSE to beat myself up over it! Yesterday was valentines, a holiday, one where society has told us eat eat eat all the sugar you can! Today is a new day, you can do this!

PinkButterfly66
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Did you skip lunch?  Low blood sugar can cause over eating or binging.  Just acknowledge that you fell off the wagon, stand up, brush yourself off and get back on track again tomorrow.  IT IS OK.

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:51 PM

You just have to learn to let that meal or that day go and move on.

One day won't matter that much- unless it happens often, the trick is to not let it continue when it happens

mgarze
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:58 PM

because it feels good when you eat what your binging on..Do not forget how good you were feeling about yourself before you fell off your wagon..get back on it immediately or it will get harder and you will lose all the progress you made..The first day was ok..you cheated that was fine now the 2nd day you went a bit far but on the 3rd day you need to stop this bullshit and throw out all the junk in your house and all the take out menus...xoxo ..good luck

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Hugs. Its hard to break that cycle. Go grab a glass of water and start fresh NOW. You got this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)