Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Off the

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

Wagon....So the past three days I have worked out alot but I started drinking soda again. Been drinking more water also but with every meal I had either Dr Peper or Mr Pibb, and I feel sick I was doing so good (went almost 1 week without soda) I am going to start again in the morning with no soda

by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I used to only drink soda.  I stopped about 3 weeks ago.  I will only drink it if we go out to eat I will get soda.  It is my "treat" then.  We went to Ikea today to buy some bookshelves and we ate there as well.  I didn't have a soda then because they sold bottled water.  We don't buy soda anymore, it eliminates the temptation to drink it if a craving comes on :)

MrsLuciano02
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM

I have sprite at home but I work at a gas station so I have easy access to a fountian (and it's free when I am working) so its very hard to give it up but I know I can do it because I just did it a week and half ago

Quoting armygirl16:

I used to only drink soda.  I stopped about 3 weeks ago.  I will only drink it if we go out to eat I will get soda.  It is my "treat" then.  We went to Ikea today to buy some bookshelves and we ate there as well.  I didn't have a soda then because they sold bottled water.  We don't buy soda anymore, it eliminates the temptation to drink it if a craving comes on :)

vickiheitzler
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:20 AM
I haven't drank soda or juice in 3 weeks now. It was hard at first and now the craving is completely gone. The firs week was the hardest.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by Leslie on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I stopped drinking soda a year ago but still crave it! I'll let myself have it when I'm out once in a while. But honestly, for me, the craving has never gone away. Best of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Dang, that does make it hard.  It would have made it much harder for me to quit in that situation.  Maybe get a large water bottle and always have it filled with water, you can use the ice from the soda machine to keep it cold.  Soda is so hard to give up.  That is why I allow myself a treat once in awhile.  We don't eat out much so I'm okay with only having soda then.  

Quoting MrsLuciano02:

I have sprite at home but I work at a gas station so I have easy access to a fountian (and it's free when I am working) so its very hard to give it up but I know I can do it because I just did it a week and half ago

Quoting armygirl16:

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM

well, tomorrow is a new day, start again!

I didn't completely cut it out- but I never drank more than 2 cans or so a day anyhow. Now I drink less than 1 day (usually about half of one)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN