Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

how can I?.....

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
Get and stay motivated? I really need to lose weight but I get too easily discouraged! What is something that helped you get and stay motivated ? Thanks for your suggestions
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mross0687
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I was tired of not feeling good about myself. So decided to get on a heathy diet. I think when you get tired of dealing with weight you will do something about it no matter how hard it might be. That's exactly how I was and felt. 

momof1want1mor
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Yes but this is really difficult for me I'm almost 30 and have had this weight problem all my life. I was 6 and in weight watchers I went to fat camp when I was 15. Any diet fad I've done it and I'm never successful so it's so hard to stay motivated

Quoting mross0687:

I was tired of not feeling good about myself. So decided to get on a heathy diet. I think when you get tired of dealing with weight you will do something about it no matter how hard it might be. That's exactly how I was and felt. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mross0687
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

I'm sorry to hear its hard for you. I know it's definitely a hard thing to do. I hope I didn't come off mean in any way, cause I wasn't trying to be at all. I've tried working out but with being a mom of three young kids and having a chronic condition it was hard to have the energy to get to the gym. So I decided at the end of this past year to start on a yeast free diet. I am happy to say I started on January 14th and  I have lost weight and that's just with eating on the program. I'm not going to lie and say it was easy at first but I was determined to lose weight and also feel better. It was the best choice I  could have made. Its not just a diet but a life style change, one that I'm proud of!

frecklesthehen
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Short answer is you have to find the motivation in yourself. I know that sucks, but we cant make you exercise or even want to exercise. Try to find something that works for you. I havent found anything myself, which is why i go in phases... eat clean and exercise for a while, slowly cheat and add bad things in... then realize i hadn't done anything physical in a while... then decide to start over. I think routine is important. Try to exercise at the same time every day, and eventually if you dont, you will miss it. good luck, hope you can find the motivation somewhere.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM
You have to really want it! So true. I have been overweight for the last 6 years. I didn't find my moment until this past December. I had dieted on and off and lost some weight here and there but gained it back.

It's good to have support, we all need it! But you need to kick your own ass, too.

Some things that have helped me along the way are:
Myfitnesspal app, bodymedia armband, Pinterest, YouTube, finding and enjoying yoga!, being around people who will be encouraging

Taking progress pictures and buying shirts and shorts in the next size down get me excited about staying on track as well.

I also think about what lies ahead, as well: weddings this summer, the beach, etc. I make goals for when those things to keep me from slipping.

This is what has helped me:) I hope that you can find the want inside of you to obtain your goals:)
momof1want1mor
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM
You could not be more right :) I do need to kick my own ass into gear because when I mess up who fault is it? Well its mine! I too have some things that motivate me. I have my old clothes from 50 pounds ago that I hang in front of my closet lol Iwrote my reasons for losing weight and put it on my fridge ;) so if I think I want to cheat I'll think twice before opening my fridge.
I'm also planning a trip to Vegas so I want to look and feel great ;)

Quoting iamcafemom83:

You have to really want it! So true. I have been overweight for the last 6 years. I didn't find my moment until this past December. I had dieted on and off and lost some weight here and there but gained it back.

It's good to have support, we all need it! But you need to kick your own ass, too.

Some things that have helped me along the way are:

Myfitnesspal app, bodymedia armband, Pinterest, YouTube, finding and enjoying yoga!, being around people who will be encouraging

Taking progress pictures and buying shirts and shorts in the next size down get me excited about staying on track as well.

I also think about what lies ahead, as well: weddings this summer, the beach, etc. I make goals for when those things to keep me from slipping.

This is what has helped me:) I hope that you can find the want inside of you to obtain your goals:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)