Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Shakeology for stomach issues?

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 6 Replies

An acquaintance I know who had Crohn's says she uses Shakeology and it helps her with her issues.

I have similar problems and am curious about it. She is going to send me a sample.  I have not been feeling well lately and I refuse to go to the doctor after the things they put me on in the past that never worked for me.

So, if you have tried Shakeology, did it agree with your stomach? Did it make you bloated or go to the bathroom too much or did it help you, or did you not notice a difference. Thanks!

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
itsm3
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM

what are you experiencing?  while shakeology is supposed to be one of the 'cleaner' liquid substitutes, i don't believe in drinking your calories.

TraceFace
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I've tried samples and it did seem to help my tummy.  I normally bloat easily and have trouble going, but this seemed to move things along quite nicely. I can see it helping your friend with Crohn's. I just never bought any because it's pricey.  Same thing with Genesis Pure (0 calories!), I tried samples of it and it seemed to do the same thing.  Plus gives you lots of energy, but again - expensive!   also it's not the best tasting drink.  Good luck!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Yeah I agree that I don't like to drink my calories, mainly because I like to eat and I don't feel satisfied from shakes.

I have, well I will call it severe IBS.

I have actually been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis but no meds helped. For a while I had been doing ok on my own but I am flaring up right now.

Quoting itsm3:

what are you experiencing?  while shakeology is supposed to be one of the 'cleaner' liquid substitutes, i don't believe in drinking your calories.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Duquesne
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Have you tried the GAPS diet to heal your gut? Cutting gluten may also help. (Helps with weight loss too)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Quoting Duquesne:

Have you tried the GAPS diet to heal your gut? Cutting gluten may also help. (Helps with weight loss too)

I have read a different book by that person but I never did the diet.  I have been tested for gluten intolerance and do not have it.

Duquesne
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM
It could still be causing your issues. Gluten is a cause of hundreds of issues and most people would benefit from cutting it.

List of Gluten Caused issues

Obviously, your choice:). My migraines, IBS, and skin sensitivity all improved greatly after I cut gluten (which I did for my daughter who nurses...these effects were a bonus!)

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting Duquesne:

I have read a different book by that person but I never did the diet.  I have been tested for gluten intolerance and do not have it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN