Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

my weight loss journey beginning 2/17

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm going to try to do 30 minutes of aerobics a day. Have more water I'm already eating lots of vegetables and fruit. I also bought some green tea capsules that I will try.
So every day I'm going to post every thing I have eaten and the type of exercise done for that day. I'll also post any new recipes I try that I thought were tasty ;) if any one knows of any tasty recipes I could make for my family please share with me and any workout ideas as I'm trying to have a variety.
So I posted a starting pic that I just took and every week I'll update with new pic and new weight. I'm 4'11" and I'm starting at 220 pounds my goal is 160. Might sound heavy for my height but with my body structure that's the weight I look really good at. ;) wish me luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:20 AM
I also plan to try not to eat anything (healthy or not) after dinner so that I can give my metabolism a jump start ;)
ChillyinAlaska
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!! I'm 5'4'' and started at 263 in November, I've slowly been working at it, and got down to 245 but I fluctuate a lot depending on what my body's doing. I'm trying to do this with 2-4 herniated discs in my spine, too ): I need to get back into habit of drinking more water but I've had a bad few weeks so my eating is kind of speratic, sometimes I eat, sometimes I don't. You can add me if you need some weight loss buddies! Great to have support from other women!! 

PitaPata Dog tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM
Water is something I have the hardest time with for some reason lol I just hate the taste of it. I usually will put those flavor packets in the water to drink it but I think I will start trying to drink it without any extra flavoring. What I'll do is force myself to drink a bottle before eating so that I'll get my water in and hopefully the water will fill me up some so I don't eat too large a portion

Quoting ChillyinAlaska:

Good luck!! I'm 5'4'' and started at 263 in November, I've slowly been working at it, and got down to 245 but I fluctuate a lot depending on what my body's doing. I'm trying to do this with 2-4 herniated discs in my spine, too ): I need to get back into habit of drinking more water but I've had a bad few weeks so my eating is kind of speratic, sometimes I eat, sometimes I don't. You can add me if you need some weight loss buddies! Great to have support from other women!! 

ChillyinAlaska
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I can't say I've had a problem with the taste, it's more or less just committing to it, I'm the type of person that can't ever remember to take medications (not that I'm on any at the moment, thank God!) or to just sip a few glasses of water throughout the day. I try to drink water before dinner and with dinner and other meals too. Definitely helps! And just keeping yourself hydrated is a must! :) I think I've been having some dehydration problems lately. And just the will power to say "hey, I don't need a bowl of chips, I think an orange sounds like a good snack instead!" And knowing boredom snacking vs really needing a snack.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Water is something I have the hardest time with for some reason lol I just hate the taste of it. I usually will put those flavor packets in the water to drink it but I think I will start trying to drink it without any extra flavoring. What I'll do is force myself to drink a bottle before eating so that I'll get my water in and hopefully the water will fill me up some so I don't eat too large a portion

Quoting ChillyinAlaska:

PitaPata Dog tickers

momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Oh I totally agree with you on the boredom snacking. I could eat all day because of that lol

Quoting ChillyinAlaska:

I can't say I've had a problem with the taste, it's more or less just committing to it, I'm the type of person that can't ever remember to take medications (not that I'm on any at the moment, thank God!) or to just sip a few glasses of water throughout the day. I try to drink water before dinner and with dinner and other meals too. Definitely helps! And just keeping yourself hydrated is a must! :) I think I've been having some dehydration problems lately. And just the will power to say "hey, I don't need a bowl of chips, I think an orange sounds like a good snack instead!" And knowing boredom snacking vs really needing a snack.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting ChillyinAlaska:

ChillyinAlaska
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:12 AM

Me too, that was my biggest problem, that and emotional eating (mostly during high school! Boy those were emotional years)... Since I can't work from my back injury, I kind of fell into habits of all night boredom snacking. I stopped and the first 18 pounds slowly but surely melted off! I need to keep going to help my back heal.

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Oh I totally agree with you on the boredom snacking. I could eat all day because of that lol

Quoting ChillyinAlaska:

Quoting momof1want1mor:

Quoting ChillyinAlaska:

PitaPata Dog tickers

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi ! Good luck !!
As for recipes check out skinnytaste.com
She got great recipes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I have heard some great things about that web site so I'll check it out for sure tonight when I get home :) do you have any suggestions for work outs? Thx

Quoting jendawn1:

Hi ! Good luck !!

As for recipes check out skinnytaste.com

She got great recipes

GeoRocks
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Good luck!!
momof1want1mor
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Thank u! Lord knows I can use it ;)

Quoting GeoRocks:

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)