Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

if you want a great workout, do kettlebells!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
  • 8 Replies

ladies,

just wanted to share my first experience with kettlebells.

as part of my tough mudder training, i started a kettlebell class yesterday and if you want a great cardiovascular and overall strengthening workout, join a kettlebell class asap!

i have been doing beachbody programs for more than a year (insanity/asylum/p90x/p90x2/les mills combat + running about 5-10K etc) and my fitness level (cardio/strength) is great... in fact, i'm in the best shape of my life however, this class really worked me over and today, my entire body is sore!

i dont know if it's the specific class i went to but the instructor did it in a circuit-style training and he incorporated kettlebells with plyo jumps, drills, squats and lunges; then would do multiple rounds of push-ups, bear-crawls, burpees and insane ab work.  of the 60 minutes, we only took three, 1-minute breaks.  at the end of the workout, i was wiped but i felt incredible!

my legs are my strongest muscle group and i rarely get sore there but today is a different story!  i can barely walk and it hurts so good :)

so look into KB classes if you want to change things up and burn amazing calories.  btw, i wore my HRM during the class and my heart rate was in zone 3 for 85% of the class!

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bookwormy
by Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Sounds way beyond my capabilities & I'd end up laughing during 99% of the class.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM
I want to but have no place to go. I look at play it again sports for ones and DVD, just haven't found any yet. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM

<3 kbs

jordynsmom08
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:08 AM

I just did them for the first time and ouch!!! Loved it!!!

MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:57 AM
We use them at crossfit all the time. They're my favorite!
crabbyD
by Diana on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:38 AM
I took my first crossfit class on Friday also circuit training and it was also my first time using kettle balls... Let me just say that my legs and arms are still sore. We did similar rounds like you. The class was part of an in-service day we had at school for faculty and staff. I was so impressed by the school's gym teacher and all the information he provided on how we could do some of these things at home. He also stated if we ever do take crossfit class anywhere else to make sure that the trainer has had extensive education in physical training. It was a great class and felt as invigorated as you (although our class was only 40min, lol)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 17, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Wow I think I would drop dead during that class. Guess I still have a long way to go.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Kettle balls must be the new thing! I will def have to give it a whirl. Love that sore feeling !
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)