Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Stupid Question...

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have been on my diet since 1/28 and I started at 272 lbs.

As of 3 days ago I reached 257.4 lbs and was really excited. Over the last couple days I have been fluxing between 257.4-258. I know that I am due for my period soon, but it is never predictable to when it will start so I don't know if the weight gain is from my eventual period or if the flux in weight is normal during weight loss.

Does any have any idea of what is going on? I am getting worried I am going to be gaining it back.

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Your weight can fluctuate hour to hour. It's such a small difference that I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM

my weight fluctuates while I'm on my period.... usually 1-2 lbs though. But make sure you drink water, work out still, etc. 

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:17 AM
And congrats on the weight loss!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordynsmom08
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

my weight fluctuates while I'm on my period.... usually 1-2 lbs though. But make sure you drink water, work out still, etc. 

Me to. It's started couple days before and goes until my period is over. I was at 145.2 and today I was 147.6. (I know bad to weigh in everyday but I can help it) I really hope it's my period (on it now) :(

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:46 AM

You should be fine.... I check my weight daily also. 

Quoting jordynsmom08:
Quoting Luv.My.Kidz:

Me to. It's started couple days before and goes until my period is over. I was at 145.2 and today I was 147.6. (I know bad to weigh in everyday but I can help it) I really hope it's my period (on it now) :(

Follow my weight loss Journey.... I have a weightloss goal to hit 135-140lbs by Oct 2012....Can I do it by changing the weigh I eat, using Body By Vi , and exercising more? We shall see!!!! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/luvmykidz04

Wedding Countdown Ticker

MamaNeeNee
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:51 AM
That is a really small flux.. You shouldn't be worried about .3 lbs.. My weight usually increases by about 3lbs during AF
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I agree with the rest of the ladies. Congrats on your weightloss! Keep going strong
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Yeah I always see a gain before getting my period but it goes away during or after.

Sydney4610
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:12 PM

During weight loss you have to understand muscle weighs more than fat. So what will happen is as you loose body fat you body will retain muscle until it proper weight is reached. I will tell you do not stress as that will not help at all. The first 2 months are hard but it takes time. I would def watch the weight lifting though only do it a couple times a week if your trying to loose weight. If you are going to the gym or what ever kind of cardio you are doing hit up some good carbs and hit the tredmill and mix up the cardio. after your work out eat a banana or almonds to keep your metabilsom up.  GOOD LUCK!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)