Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

workouts that dont involve bending knees! help!

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

I strained my knee really bad 3 months ago so it's swollen and I cant bend it. I've completely stopped zumba and, have gotten lazy*more so depressed for awhile*.... :( I'm really motivated NOW anyhow.lol I have been just doing core work mostly but,I'm wanting my legs to get toned again. I was just wondering would it be wise for me to do this? Is there any easy on the knee leg tone up workouts I could do? Thanks!

-chunkylegs! ^-^

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Maybe try the plank or pushups.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Also some flutterkicks might work too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:05 PM
There are a lot of Pilates exercises that do not info love vending the knees.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:29 PM

For strengthening your legs, you MUST be able to bend them.  Calf raises are about the only thing you could do for your legs that would not involve bending them.  Other than that, anything for your upper body is fair game.

Have you talked to your doctor?  After 3 months, it shouldn't be this swollen.  Are you icing it?  Taking anti-inflammatories?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

raeyliNlilysmom
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I asked my bil he's a doctor he told me that I just sprained it. Its only swollen now bc I thought it would have been better so I did one squat and I just made everything worse. I have iced it and it seems to be helping. 

Quoting musicpisces:

For strengthening your legs, you MUST be able to bend them.  Calf raises are about the only thing you could do for your legs that would not involve bending them.  Other than that, anything for your upper body is fair game.

Have you talked to your doctor?  After 3 months, it shouldn't be this swollen.  Are you icing it?  Taking anti-inflammatories?

itsm3
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 7:38 AM

aquafit, resistence bands while sitting - google it.  you can even work on upper body with free weights without getting up from a chair/workout bench. 

i would suggest the bands because you can work your whole body sitting or lying down

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)