Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 1: The Scale Is Your Friend!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM
  • 151 Replies

Welcome to Day 1 of the February Accountability Challenge!

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

The Scale is Your Friend!

Even if you have a love-hate relationship with the scale, it is a very useful tool. Try not to weigh yourself on a daily basis. Non movement can discourage you, setting a negative tone for your weight loss. Instead, mark your calender for a set day and time to weigh yourself once a week.  Make sure you write down your weight. Weighing yourself is the easiest way to keep track of your progress and the best way to determine if you need to make immediate corrections to your diet/exercise routine.

Do you have a set day for weigh in?
Do you weigh yourself daily? Weekly?
Are you going to hold yourself accountable by weighing yourself at least once a week?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
copper
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Do you have a set day for weigh in?  I usually weigh on Mondays
Do you weigh yourself daily? Weekly?  I'm thinking of weighing myself every day or every other day to keep myself from going backwards!
Are you going to hold yourself accountable by weighing yourself at least once a week? Yes I am.

emilyrosenj
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I weigh in once a month. I found that weighing weekly caused me to become obsessive about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:51 AM
This month I'm trying to weigh in less. I start getting obsessive and its not not healthy for me. So I'm doing it every two weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 18, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't weigh on a set day, but I do weigh a couple of times a week.  You bet I'm going to keep myself accountable!

lizmeek
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM
I weigh in every Monday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaysmom2002
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:29 AM
I weigh in every Thursday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatmynameagain
by Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM
This month I weigh every other Sunday morning. Im focusing mote on eating healthy and exercising than weight. I already lost half an inch on my waist:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chickauhtree
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I will weight in every monday

kristy95
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM
I weigh in every Thursday and take my measurements twice a month on Thursday as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
img1p2
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Do you have a set day for weigh in? Friday is the day I record.
Do you weigh yourself daily? Weekly? I usually weigh myself 5 days out of 7.  I like to keep an eye on the number, but try not to get too worked up about it.  Try is the key word in that sentence.  :)
Are you going to hold yourself accountable by weighing yourself at least once a week?
I will be holding myself more accountable.  I tend to avoid the scale when I know I haven't been making good choices.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)