Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I'm new here!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
  • 5 Replies
Hi, I'm Joyce. I weigh 290. I'm always tired, I hate walking.Most times I'.m indoors, I cant afford gym and I have no one to watch my baby for me. I tried skipping but my chest and legs hurts.Pls I need advise,tanx everyone!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Welcome, Joyce!

How is your eating?  I'd start there.  You may find yourself with more energy just from that, even.

What about doing DVDs at home?  As you get in better shape, you'll find your chest and joints hurt less.  I was 269 lbs when I started losing weight, so I know how it feels.  I hated running in the beginning, because it hurt everywhere, especially in my knees.  But honestly, it grew on me.  I started because I knew it'd help me reach my goals, and sucked it up, and I'm glad I did.  I actually have a journal here with my journey (click here).  I didn't have gym access for most of my journey.  Don't let that be an excuse!

I also have a journal with weight loss tips, and another about eating clean.  Here's one with some listed resources.

Good luck!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

clearlyme
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Start with eating healthier. I find Weight Watchers to be very helpful! As for exercise, maybe home dvd's? Thats what I do and I love doing them. If you aren't ready to start really exercising, do little things like park far from the entrance when you go to the store, take the stairs, or set a timer to clean for 30 minutes and just make sure you don't sit down that whole time. I'm 235 and I'm working all of this into my life right now. I know it's hard. I love junk food and being lazy! However, I love my son and the idea of getting around comfortably with him more. Good luck and this board is an amazing source of support! 

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Welcome Joyce!

You don't need to belong to a gym to get in shape.  You can walk, you can do workout videos (the Walk Away the Pounds series is really good and incorporates more than just walking and can be done right in your living room).  Even if you hate walking, it really is one of the best ways to get started.

iamcafemom83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Hello!!! I currently do not have a gym membership, either! This is what I do, maybe something will help you:)

I have a Pinterest account (ooh how I love Pinterest:)) I set up a "secret fitness motivation" board. I have it set as secret because I didn't want to flood my friend's feeds with all the workout stuff I pin. On that board, I pin ALL sorts of workouts (mostly found under the health and fitness tab). It has really been great since everything is right there, in one place. I also pin easy, healthy meals and snacks and motivational stuff.

I also use YouTube quite heavily. There are SO many workout vids on you tube. I have saved (and also pinned lol) to my YouTube acct jillian michaels workouts, turbo jam, insanity, zumba, yoga, p90x, Pilates. Whatever you prefer to do, you can more than likely find it on YouTube. Sometimes it will be another person doing the workout, they videotape themselves, and I just follow along...if that makes sense.

I do own a couple fitness DVDs but I use YouTube way more for that.

When I started out, I also got up before my husband went to work and went for walks. It helped. I run now, but each morning, it was a good way to start the day.

Try and do one thing at a time. Don't get overwhelmed, I know I did at first. This is a truly wonderful group, hope you'll stay awhile!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Welcome!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)