Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

How I ditched diet coke!

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this
I loved diet coke. In cans, or from a soda fountain with lots of ice was my favorite way to get my "fix". I loved how it went with anything--salty, or sweet--perfectly. I used to only drink it at work. Sometimes when we had a pizza night, I'd have a 2L leftover. Somewhere along the way, I started keeping the 12 packs in the fridge. Sometimes they would last a week, sometime they would last a couple days. I enjoyed having one or more and a snack.

I noticed I liked to eat a LOT when I had one. I'd eat the entire time I drank one.

When I realized how fat I was last December, I knew it had to go. It was not good for me. I KNEW it wasn't good for me.

Soooo I started to look into other things to drink. I had no problem with water. I could drink it. That got boring, though and I wanted something a little more. I was buying crystal light but then I read how that's not better, at all!!

After more reading, I settled on tea. Green tea. I really liked green tea with mint. It doesn't dance on the tongue like diet coke did, but it is quite satisfying. I've also read it helps boost your metabolism among other benefits. I just discovered Yerba mate....it's like green tea and coffee combined. Pretty good! I aim for 2-3 cups of tea per day. Usually just my green tea with mint. And plenty of water, also. I've noticed I'm not bloated/puffy like I was before :) also, my face has not broken out like it used to....but this could also be contributed to working out as well.

I have been tempted to just have a glass of diet coke, but then it would undo almost 3 months of work.

By finding a beneficial alternative and having some willpower, it can be done!! Sorry this was long, but I'm hoping that if you are looking for a way to ditch soda, maybe something here will help. I know that ditching diet coke/soda, etc has been a BIG part of my success thus far. While I still have a ways to go, I know it won't be hindered by something easily fixed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN