Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 2: An Accountability Partner Is a Good Thing

Welcome to Day 2 of the February Accountability Challenge!

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

An Accountability Partner Is a Good Thing

While ultimately, you are accountable only to yourself, it helps in your journey if you have someone else to be accountable to as well. It can be a weight loss buddy, a partner, a spouse, a friend, a coach, someone with similiar goals or even a family member. These are people who know your goals and what you want to acheive. They are people that will support, motivate and push you when you need it and celebrate your successes when you reach your goals.

Do you have an accountability partner?
Do you think you need someone else to help hold you accountable?

Other than yourself, who else are you accountable to in your journey?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
chickauhtree
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I do not have a accountability partner, I have been looking for someone to stay more motivated.  Be nice to have a workout buddy 

BaBeezandMe
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I am accountable to my kids!  Does that count??  Also I have online accountability partners.  Can I count them also??  Some of my online friends (here and FB) and I have teamed up to do this together, inspire one another and be accountable to each other.

Jillysmom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:36 AM
Me and my best friend are trying to lose so we go back and forth if we need help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Dh is mine. He's supportive but also keeps me accountable.

MTSuperMomof4
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Do you have an accountability partner? Right now I am accountable to me and my need to be in shape when my husband makes it home from his deployment. I had our son 3 months ago. I have a little over a month (in theory) left. That is my motivation.
Do you think you need someone else to help hold you accountable? No, I want to be in shape for me. I am my driving force.
Other than yourself, who else are you accountable to in your journey? I have told a friend what I want to acheive and she checks in with me on occasion.

story0702
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:40 AM
I for sure need one ! Mine is my hubby . He is good at calling me out when I cheat on my plan.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovebugs_mom906
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:43 AM
No, I don't have anyone else doing this journey with me. I will say though, I am trying to help my daughter who is 6, to stop gaining weight and lead a healthy lifestyle. And because I don't want her to suffer kids cruelty, I make better choices in order to teach her.
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM

My husband and I are each others accountablitiy partner. We are both trying to be healthier.

carterjacksmom
by Jenn on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I have a group of 5 co-workers.  We checkin and weigh in every Monday.  We also give encouragement and ideas daily!  1 comes with me to the gym at lunch!

qslaqhay
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Honestly just by seeing the before and after pictures people post motivate me enough to continue. Also another way to keep on track are my friends on MFP. Idont know them in person but they are amazing w encouragement. Many hugs for them
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)