Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 2: An Accountability Partner Is a Good Thing

Welcome to Day 2 of the February Accountability Challenge!

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

An Accountability Partner Is a Good Thing

While ultimately, you are accountable only to yourself, it helps in your journey if you have someone else to be accountable to as well. It can be a weight loss buddy, a partner, a spouse, a friend, a coach, someone with similiar goals or even a family member. These are people who know your goals and what you want to acheive. They are people that will support, motivate and push you when you need it and celebrate your successes when you reach your goals.

Do you have an accountability partner?
Do you think you need someone else to help hold you accountable?

Other than yourself, who else are you accountable to in your journey?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

My doctor keeps an eye on my weight.

clearlyme
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM
My husband
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bookwormy
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:15 AM
I used to but she gave up. My illegal DW knows & supports me, however.
muzzyh
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM
My sister. We run together almost daily.
mgm_5
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM
My dh is my accountability partner, he too is on a journey to losing weight so we help motivate each other
Tashina12
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Yes, I do. My husband tries to keep me on top of my game.
dmwood
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM

My husband is pretty good at keeping me accountable. I used to have a few friends I would workout with but after we joined a weight loss team they would lose motivation/get discouraged. This year I decided I wouldn't join a team.

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:29 AM

in lovedoctorgroup hug While I dont NEED an accountability partner I like having one or more bc it really does help me. 

My most important often used partner is my husband Todd. He is so supportive and encouraging. He's also perfect for me bc he lives with me and he eats super healthy too which makes it easier on me so I'm not the only one and he is very passionate about working out, even more so than I am by far so he likes to gently encourage me in that area more too. Plus he is sooooo hot and sexy I want to be hotter and sexier for him too like he so deserves even though he acts like I am now I know I could be a LOT LOT better and want to be

Also my dr. I like to try to weigh less and have better cholesterol etc each time I go see her on a regular basis. 

Also my online fellow weight loss friends like on here and on sparkpeople.com 

Then kind of a side thing, for my loved ones I see only once every few months or once or twice a year or so I like to try to lose enough for them to visibly notice before I see them next.  

YVONNE

Crashmonster1
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I am accountable only to myself.  At some point in my weightloss/heath/fitness journey I have become capable of doing this alone without someone holding me accountable.  Often I find having a friend to be account to will do nothing but hold you back because you are waiting on them and they offer some sort of deturance.  I will tell you currently in our area people no one in general but so many people know of my journey that they have expectations that often I feel I cant live up to but I do try.  Anyways enough rambling.  I am accountable to ME and only ME :)

Tree-Tree
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I am pretty much on my own

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN