Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 2: An Accountability Partner Is a Good Thing

Welcome to Day 2 of the February Accountability Challenge!

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

An Accountability Partner Is a Good Thing

While ultimately, you are accountable only to yourself, it helps in your journey if you have someone else to be accountable to as well. It can be a weight loss buddy, a partner, a spouse, a friend, a coach, someone with similiar goals or even a family member. These are people who know your goals and what you want to acheive. They are people that will support, motivate and push you when you need it and celebrate your successes when you reach your goals.

Do you have an accountability partner?
Do you think you need someone else to help hold you accountable?

Other than yourself, who else are you accountable to in your journey?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I did pretty well just being accountable to myself :)

blancavazquez
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:36 AM

I created a group on facebook so we can all support eachother to get in shape, outside of that my neighbor and now bestfriend is my accountability partner we are workingout to get in shape together and we both have a goal we want to achieve, I do need someone else to help me out, I'm not good as a loner, that's why I got my neighbor to help me go through this journey. =)

soph324
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Ive tried having a weight loss friend, and it doesn't help. The only person I really need to be accountable to is me anyway.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sarah824
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Accountability is a big one for me. DH and I hold each other accountable on our weight loss journey, but I also go to WW for that. I think that by paying for and attending meetings it helps me to stay on track.

boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I have an accountability partner, my sister

I don't need someone to hold me accountable but it doesn't hurt.

I'm accountable to mostly myself and my family. Dh knows about my goals too

Barabell
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

No, I do not.

kristy95
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM
My husband trys to be helpful but i wouldn't call him an accountability partner. He loves to bring junk food into the house and calls it a " temptation". -.-
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
steph21078
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I do  have an accountability partner. 

I could use all the support I can

just me

stephs5isenough
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I don't have an accountability partner.  I wish I did.  My husband and I encourage each other somewhat.  The only problem is that it is too easy for us to get off track together too~that's why I wish I had another person too.  We do push each other real well too.

Click my tag to follow me to:

Living In the Arms of Jesus:

Where we PLAY, PRAY and LEARN Together.

Aurorasmom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:50 AM
I am my harshest critic, and I am the one who knows my best rewards and when to be stern. I generally prefer to be my own partner lol. However, when the motivation is really starting to fade, workout accountability pics in my fb workout group are kind of like my motivational reset button.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN