Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I was SO close...

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ugh- so in the last 3-4 weeks I have gone from 194.5 to 190.5 to 191.5 and this morning back to 192.5

the thing is- when I hit 190.5 I KNEW it would go back up for a week or so-it always does. My loss goes down-up then back down. So I expected that.  The thing is though, that it went back up a week ago..and today it is up more.  I was TWO lbs away from losing 50...now I'm 4 again

DAMNIT!

sorry, just needed to vent.   grrr

* I waited 8 days between the 191.5 and today

I guess I will wait another week or two before checking again -I just REALLY wanted to say I'd gotten there. It was so so close : (

Oh well...keep on...

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mjgm1966
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:35 AM

That's what I do.  Up and down.  And then I'll plateau and it'll inch down a little more.  Hang in there.  It'll start going down again.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:36 AM

Keep going mama...you'll get there!  Hugs!

itsm3
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:49 AM
1 mom liked this

THROW THE SCALE AWAY.  don't stress over a number that will ALWAYS fluctuate and is inaccurate to begin with. 

if you want to gauge true progress, go by inches lost only. 

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Quoting itsm3:

THROW THE SCALE AWAY.  don't stress over a number that will ALWAYS fluctuate and is inaccurate to begin with. 

if you want to gauge true progress, go by inches lost only. 

go by inches only...

that may b a great way for smaller people to measure the loss- but if I only went by that I would have quit a LONG time ago.  I have only recently showed much loss in inches and I had waited 3 months between checking. 

That's why I usually wait about a week between weighing in -because more than that can make me crazy with the up-down crap

itsm3
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM

weight loss is a slow process.  if you are eating right, exercising regularly at a moderate-intense level at least 4x/week then you KNOW the weight will come off... you have to have patience.

why not just continue doing it, knowing that you're doing wonderful things internally (that you can't see just yet) and pretty soon, the weight will come off?  when you weigh yourself and feel all that frustration.. is it worth it?

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Quoting itsm3:

weight loss is a slow process.  if you are eating right, exercising regularly at a moderate-intense level at least 4x/week then you KNOW the weight will come off... you have to have patience.

why not just continue doing it, knowing that you're doing wonderful things internally (that you can't see just yet) and pretty soon, the weight will come off?  when you weigh yourself and feel all that frustration.. is it worth it?

Eh... I know it will come off again- it's just that I was SO EFFING close to hitting FIFTY lbs lost- and then...ugh

I will wait a week and see how it's going, and until then I will keep eating within my calorie range and working out...

I checked inches about a week ago so there is no point doing it now either ;) 

Ill be fine-  I've been at it a year- I know there are frustrating days ;)

alice_by_tinkacherri-1.gif alicesiggy picture by charlotsomtimes

cherylmoore
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:57 AM
I could have written this post myself. I went from 198.5 down to 194.5 then 196 then 196.5 then back to 196. I wonder if its easier when you don't have as much to lose. I still have at least 30 pounds to go. Probably more like 50 I havent set a final goal yet but I stress too. But I just do what these ladies say and keep at it. It will come off
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM

sometimes we have to sit back and reevaluate what we're doing to tweak it.  our bodies are ever-changing so we need to adjust what we're doing to make it work better.

how is your diet?  what are you eating and how much are you eating?  do you need to change up your workouts?  have you been tested for underlying issues ie. thyroid, pcos etc etc?

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

Quoting itsm3:

Eh... I know it will come off again- it's just that I was SO EFFING close to hitting FIFTY lbs lost- and then...ugh

I will wait a week and see how it's going, and until then I will keep eating within my calorie range and working out...

I checked inches about a week ago so there is no point doing it now either ;) 

Ill be fine-  I've been at it a year- I know there are frustrating days ;)

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Quoting itsm3:

sometimes we have to sit back and reevaluate what we're doing to tweak it.  our bodies are ever-changing so we need to adjust what we're doing to make it work better.

how is your diet?  what are you eating and how much are you eating?  do you need to change up your workouts?  have you been tested for underlying issues ie. thyroid, pcos etc etc?

Eat within my range 98% of the time and if I go over one day I eat a bit less the next - (rare - but if we have a poker game or something-it happens)

doing a lot of zumba as well as pilates and recently (in the last 4-5 weeks) added a piyo class once week as well- and a bit of weights at home too. I have been doing about 16-1800 min of working out per month for the last 3 months or so

This will pass- it has pretty much gone this way for me the whole time- I lose 3 lbs, get really happy about it-then gain most of it back before dropping again. It's frustrating and most of the time I just deal with it and keep going.  Ultimately, the weight is coming off- it's just difficult this time and some days it irritates me. 

*No, I have not been tested for any medical issues

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:40 AM

bla that is so annoying!  Sorry mama!  I hope you have a great loss next week.  stupid scale

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN