Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Holy glute pain!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
  • 5 Replies

So, I've been "out of commision" doing strength work for over a month... I decided to give some strength work a try yesterday ( against doctor wishes naturally) to see how my neck did. I did a 2 mile run and then when Heath got off work a few minutes later, I did a Spartan workout with him.. 

1 minute burpees, 30 second rest, 1 minute jumping lunges, 30 second rest, and 1 minute plank...repeat 3-10 times. 

I only had time to do 3 rounds as I needed to start dinner for the family, so I muscled through it. My neck felt fine!!!! Woot!!!! No pain in my neck today either!!! <---- totally stoked about this! Well, my glutes HATE me! LOL 

It's been so long since I've done burpees and jumping lunges due to my neck that my butt is in agony today. It even hurts sitting here on the couch. Swimming today should be interesting to say the least as well as bowling with the kiddos this morning.. I'm sure my niece will make fun of me all day for how I'm walking. ( she's 10 and a jokester) I hope this is gone by tomorrow so I can run! 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaJessx3
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:13 AM
That sounds like a great workout! I'll have to try it sometime. Your glutes probably needed it lol! Hope they feel better quick!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Xfitmom
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:16 AM

Ah I can imagine your pain. Five minutes in and you'll be better.

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:41 AM

LOL well i'm glad your neck isn't hurting! :D

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Well aint that a pain in the b*tt lol
Glad your neck isn't hurting :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:15 PM

well that's what we worked on for most of pilates yesterday- so you are not alone ; )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)