Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Burned out on counting calories

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
  • 19 Replies

I am getting tired of obsessing over everything I am eating and tracking.  I am not losing weight anymore, anyways. I am sick of this.

bad

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eema.gray
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Try eating whole foods, eating when you feel hungry, and stopping when you're "gently satisfied."  :-)

frecklesthehen
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:08 AM

take a break from it. i have to stop every once and a while b/c i get too stressed. after a while, from counting, you should have a feel for how many calories things are anyway and can go a few days without.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Hugs it can get fustraiting at times. It sounds like you have platued. Have you had your bmr done lately?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jambaby
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I stopped counting calories. I know what healthy food is and I know what a good portion is. I make a smoothie in the morning and avoid the yogurt or stuff like that in my yogurt and no sugar. But if I have 10 frozen strawberries over 7 I am not going to freak out.  For my snack I have cheese and crackers. But if I have 6 small slices instead of 5 I am ok. It is still healthy and a good portion.

In the end losing weight and keeping it off is about a healthy choices and lifestyle change.

DissieDothe
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM

It's easier to watch your calories if you put them into food categories. I've been dieting or on a maintenance plan for years (a strict one for about 4 years).

There are healthy low calorie foods & unhealthy low calorie foods. If you are eating too much of a good thing, it becomes unhealthy to continue eating it.

In the early stages of dieting, we consume an overwhelming amount of Vitamin C until it becomes unhealthy. I try to use more cooked tomatoes with Lycopene rather than fresh ones.

Any time that you can cut down on too much of a good thing, you're going to feel better.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM
I didn't even count yesterday. I'm starting to get burned out too. I know I was way under yesterday.
I have to take a break sometimes too.
I also get frustrated when I eat something and have no idea how many calories it is.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this

That's one thing I love about my diet....no need to count calories.  I just follow proper portion sizes and my body's hunger signals and I know that I'm on target with my calories.

I agree that it's a good idea to take a break every once in a while.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Quoting michiganmom116:

That's one thing I love about my diet....no need to count calories.  I just follow proper portion sizes and my body's hunger signals and I know that I'm on target with my calories.

I feel like since I gained the weight maybe 5 years ago I have trouble knowing when I am truly hungry.  I feel like I am always hungry.

M4LG5
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting michiganmom116:

I feel like since I gained the weight maybe 5 years ago I have trouble knowing when I am truly hungry.  I feel like I am always hungry.

I am like you....i don't feel like I really know my portions as well as I should.  At this time, I do need to count calories to know just count calories but also carb and protein intake but I get burnt.  I just realized that I had not been counting ALL WEEK and now i've gain 1.5 pounds back.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Actually I learned a lot about portion sizes when I was in WW. My problem is that I am always wanting to eat something.

Quoting M4LG5:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Quoting michiganmom116:

I am like you....i don't feel like I really know my portions as well as I should.  At this time, I do need to count calories to know just count calories but also carb and protein intake but I get burnt.  I just realized that I had not been counting ALL WEEK and now i've gain 1.5 pounds back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)