Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I am tired of complaining about myself...its time to do something about it!

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hi everyone, my name is Amanda and I decided to  stop complaining aobut how my body looks! First of all, you have to learn how to love yourself. To look good from outside you have to work on the inside!This is me and I am a wife, a mother of 3 beautiful kids; Julian who is almost 9, Alexa who is almost 7 and my miracle baby Nathan 18 months old! My job title is housewife, who cleans all day her house and it only takes a fews minutes for my kids to turn it upside down. A couple months ago I started feeling stressed out with the house, my kids and even my wonderful husband. But I realized that they weren't giving me problems, that it was me that I need it  to start thinking about myself. Sometimes or all the time we are too busy taking care of everybody except for us and  we look in the mirror and all we see is  nothing but a tire mom. It was too hard for me to understand its okay to take breaks from my busy life and start loving me.

If you think about it, being a mom is a blessing that God give us, a gift and a responsibility as well. If we let our busy life, our stress have control of us then we become  robots. Why is that? Because our lives become a routine. Instead of our family having a happy and fun mom, free of stress and positive thinking, they are having a grumpy mom, complaining how the house looks, husband not helping at all, how the kids make a mess all the time! We have to start loving yourself...if not everything is going to start falling apart. Your hubby is not going to come home to a grumpy wife,  the kids will grow up that screaming and complaining is normal.

We are a Christian family and we believed that if we pray to Him with all our hearts He will respond to our prayers! Our Pastor's started doing the Daniel's Fast. You can find more information about  this fasting at Daniels fast.com For some people it is a way of loosing weight and they even call it a diet. You do loose weight, but the purpose to this fasting is to help us to develope a more intimate relationship with their Lord, seek answers to prayers, and grow in the love and Knowledge of the Savior. During this fasting I had time to rest in God. He gave me the peace I need it in my life, He let me know that it was okay to ask for help when I need it.  Give my kids chores and make time for them and not clean all the time. Taking that time(Break) it was healthy for me, my kids and relationship with my husband. I am not saying my life is perfect,....of course not, but having God in my life, asking him every day when I pray for patience, knowledge to make the right decision, how to be a better wife, a better mom!

Okay after working with my SOul and Spirit its time to work for my Body! Daniels fast changed me and my husband to want to change our habbits of eating more healthy after we were done doing the 21 day fasting! We feel good, we are more closer to each other, our relationship with God is better, I feel happy, we try to exercise not everyday! Now I understand that nothing is going to happend to the house if I don't clean it everyday!

Do you love yourself?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
wahmx3
by Shelley on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Congrats on making the decision to change your life, while I don't agree with fasting, it sounds like it was a definitely a winner for your family. I do think more people need to get closer to God to have the peace and contentment in our lives. I am frustrated with myself right now, but I definitely love me for who I am!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Good luck!  I know we had a member do this last year.  She was hoping it'd help her lose weight (she was doing it for religious reasons).  She did lose 10 or so, but then quickly gained 12 or so.  I think those were the numbers- I know she gained back more than she lost.  But I think things like this for religion are very different than doing them JUST for weight loss.  I hope you have the experience you're looking for!  =)

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I did a Daniel fast in January and I agree that it is a spiritual journey! I felt spiritually cleansed afterwards and I still keep many of the same principles in my eating. I didn't do it to lose weight either but I did and kept it off. I was able to continue my exercise because I was still nourishing my body as well as my spirit...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)