Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 3: Journaling Your Way to Success ~ BONUS DAY!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
  • 134 Replies
1 mom liked this

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Welcome to Day 3 of the February Accountability Challenge!

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

Journaling Your Way to Success

Using some sort of journal or tracking system is an excellent accountability tool and easier to do than you think. They are essentially the road map to your success.

Use journals to track your food intake and your workouts/movement. They can be as detailed or as basic as you want. A journal will help you to see changes and progress in your workouts, habits, calorie intake and diet over time.

Whether you are handwriting, tracking at various online sites or using a phone app, journaling will help to keep you accountable while on your journey to healthy weight loss.

Do you have a journal or tracking system in place?
Do you track on a daily basis?
If you do not journal/track, why not? What other accountability tools do you use for food intake and exercise?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

*Official Rules

• The February Accountability Challenge sweepstakes starts 2/18/13 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 2/24/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:17 AM

I use MFP to track... I try for daily, but sometimes it doesn't happen. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Jenn8604
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Just bought one last wk. Started Sunday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madmueller
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:19 AM

I have a daily calendar that I now have started to write down the foods that I eat and drink. I think that it truly helps account for my daily intake and that way I know I am held accountable to ME!

carterjacksmom

I used to track, then I got off track!  I resolve to start that again today! The only thing I have been using is the scale to hold me accountable.

lizmeek
I use mfp I try to remember to do it daily.
artistmom27
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I have a journal for my thoughts, and a weight loss tracker to help watch my progress.

I write in my journal every day, to track how I am feeling

I have an app on my phone, a tracker on my computer to make sure I hold myself accountable

laura0107
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I use weight watchers iphone app to journal everything before i eat it that way i know im making a good choice

sexydiva4279
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I track on my fitness pal. It's easy to use and I can access it from my computer or phone.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Do you have a journal or tracking system in place?  Just a daily log for my blood sugars/meals/exercise
Do you track on a daily basis?  ooooohhhhh, I SHOULD, but I confess that I don't
If you do not journal/track, why not? What other accountability tools do you use for food intake and exercise?  I just forget, sometimes intentionally.  LOL

Barabell
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:23 AM

No, I do not have a journal or tracking system in place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN