Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Which Beachbody program to do after insanity?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am almost on week 3 of insanity and I'm trying to decide which program to do next.  I have been thinking of doing Asylum next but I may want to switch it up and do something different first.  I saw Les Mills Body Pump and it looked really interesting.  Has anyone done that one? I really want to get some muscle tone and not do just a cardio workout (I'm also starting to run on top of doing insanity 6 days a week so my cardio is good lol).  Is there another program anyone can recommend?  I was thinking of doing one of the Beachbody challenges but I just wasn't sure which one :)  Thanks in advance!

Certified Child Passenger Safety Technician (car seat tech) Ask me a question!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Asylum is not just cardio. It adds weights, so it is an all around workout. Personally, I love Asylum. I think the warm up is harder in Asylum than in Insanity as it is a ton of different jump rope styles. I love using the weights and the ladder and pull up bar. It kicks my behind. 

I've done LMP at the gym, but I don't own it.. now that I'm no longer a coach and don't get the discount, I don't see me purchasing programs any time soon.. lol ....

Make sure that you are eating enough adding in the running on top of the other programs! It is going to be essential...especially in month 2 as it gets a lot harder. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

itsm3
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

after insanity, i did p90x to get muscle tone.  tony horton is a little hard to take but you learn to tune him out and if you do and stick with the program, you can get incredible results.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Yes - Asylum is both cardio and weights, so it's a more all inclusive workout. 

Les Mills Pump is barbell based, so it definitely has the strength training you are looking for - especially since you already do a lot of your own cardio.

P90X will give you an overall workout that will tone and tighten you with a variety of moves.

If you want to talk Beachbody Challenges, let me know.  I'm a coach and I can help you find something that you'd like.

asaffell
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

LMP is nice - it's cardio strength, so it's not going to build muscle the same way that something like P90X or ChaLEAN Extreme will.

If you get Les Mills Pump, you might find the first few weeks pretty easy after Insanity, so you might want to add more weight in the beginning.

armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm torn between les mills pump and P90x lol.

Which of these two would someone suggest for muscle tone building, possibly slimming down too depending on where I'm at when insanity is over.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Quoting armygirl16:

Thanks everyone! I'm torn between les mills pump and P90x lol.

Which of these two would someone suggest for muscle tone building, possibly slimming down too depending on where I'm at when insanity is over.

They will both build muscle as both of them are weight programs. 

P90X- It is a 90 day program that uses- pull up bar, 4 sets of weights or resistance bands. There are 3 different phases- Classic ( 3 days of weights, 2 days cardio and 1 day of Yoga), Lean ( there is more cardio- 3 days cardio, 2 days weights, 1 day Yoga), and Doubles ( it follows the Classic plan at first and then you start adding an extra workout daily) IF you get X, I would suggest that you follow the Classic plan.

LMP utlitizes barbells as it comes with the program. It will do the exact same thing that X does, which is build lean muscle mass.  

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)