Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 4: You Are What You Eat!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM
  • 120 Replies

Welcome to Day 4 of the February Accountability Challenge

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

You Are What You Eat!

The biggest thing you can take personal accountability for, is what you eat.

Eating several small, healthy meals within your calorie range a day is key to healthy weight loss. What you choose to eat is also just as important as how much you eat.

Your plate should roughly break down to 25% protein, 25% starches (grains) and 50% veggies and or fruit. When possible, you should limit your ‘white' food intake.  White foods include rice, pasta, bread, flour, sugar, and items made with high-fructose corn syrup.

If you want to succeed, you need to be accountable for what goes into your body.
Are you eating several small meals to include snacks a day?
Are you making healthy food choices?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I eat three meals a day...proper portion sizes....and maybe one snack.  My body doesn't need its blood sugar level kept high....I have to work to keep it down.  "Several small meals" is counter-productive in my case.

My plates are typically 1/4 to 1/3 meat and the rest are non-starchy veggies.  I won't touch grains and don't need the starches.

p1r4t3cr0pc1rcl
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:25 AM

I eat  when I Am hungry, but I make sure it is real hunger and not boredom. 

I am making healthy choices, healthier than I have before, but I am not making any food forbidden either. 

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I do struggle with portion sizes. Eating more often does help keep it in check.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Yes, I'm making healthy food choices...it's hard to go wrong with clean, whole foods.

Tashina12
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I eat 4-6 small portions a day and try my best to make sound decisions about what those meals include.
mcginnisc
by Claire on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I eat when I'm hungry... I'm not good at the 6 times a day thing... I do eat tons of veggies and I eat lean proteins...very few grains in my diet these days. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13 

MrsCountryMama
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I struggle with limiting white foods I love carbs this breakdown will help.
sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:30 AM
I eat three meals a day. I tend to gain weight when I snack. I watch my potions and try not to eat white foods. I find the whole wheat versions taste better anyway.
chickauhtree
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I eat breakfast, fruit or a shake, i eat a snack or fruit or raw veggies, an for dinner i cook a good meal, i throw in healthy junk or splurge an eat not so healthy, i try an drink plenty of water, i do drink sweet ice tea, no soft drinks, and plenty of juice.  I try to stay away from starchy food if i can. 

narumi74
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:31 AM

I plan my meals daily with plenty of veggies with chicken or meat with variation.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)