Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh....I cheated.

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
  • 10 Replies
I have been soda free for 4 days. I have a horrible cold and figured I treat myself to some Pepsi. Now I feel gulity for drinking it :(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:32 AM

it's just a pepsi...let it go

today is a new day and you can be pepsi free again :)

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Remember this feeling for the next time you feel the urge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Everyone slips up. Today is a new day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emerald.forest
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 9:44 AM
yeah lol it's not like I drank 15 of them. Only had about 8 oz.

Quoting charlotsomtimes:

it's just a pepsi...let it go

today is a new day and you can be pepsi free again :)

mamaof3forlife
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Hey, it's ok :). Most of us have been there sometime! New day, new beginning :)
cherylmoore
by Cheryl on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:30 AM
I've been soda free since January 1 but Tuesday I had such a bad headache and nothing was helping so I had 10 oz dr pepper. Tried to get diet but the machine was out. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just allow for it in your calorie budget for the day and try not to make it a habit
katzmeow726
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM
3 moms liked this

Don't!  Don't look at it as cheating.  That makes it sounds like you are on a diet, and remember being healthy means NOT dieting.  Cutting out soft drinks is not an easy thing to do.  It took me a good three months before I was able to do it.  
    However, part of losing weight is your mentality.  When you say something like "treating myself to ____" a food you know is bad for you, it's a bad habit to get in to.  Instead treat yourself to something like a red box rental you want (hey, same price as a soft drink in general) or a new book.  Something not food, basically.   

Also, don't relaly thinking of it as cutting "out" drinks.  Keep the mentality of "I'm adding in healthy food."  You'll eventually find that it is easier to stay away from soft drinks when you don't feel like you are missing out.  You see the mentality of "cutting out" is very negative.
   But if you add in healthy stuff, over time the bad stuff just doesn't have room.  Stay positive, and you'll find yourself having an easier time! 

cocoa132
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Don"t feel bad, my hubby cooked a big breakfast. With eggs ,bacon , biscuits . I just have to get on that treadmill and work it off.
emerald.forest
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:41 PM
I never thought of it this way. Those are great ideas :) thank you!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Don't!  Don't look at it as cheating.  That makes it sounds like you are on a diet, and remember being healthy means NOT dieting.  Cutting out soft drinks is not an easy thing to do.  It took me a good three months before I was able to do it.  
    However, part of losing weight is your mentality.  When you say something like "treating myself to ____" a food you know is bad for you, it's a bad habit to get in to.  Instead treat yourself to something like a red box rental you want (hey, same price as a soft drink in general) or a new book.  Something not food, basically.   

Also, don't relaly thinking of it as cutting "out" drinks.  Keep the mentality of "I'm adding in healthy food."  You'll eventually find that it is easier to stay away from soft drinks when you don't feel like you are missing out.  You see the mentality of "cutting out" is very negative.
   But if you add in healthy stuff, over time the bad stuff just doesn't have room.  Stay positive, and you'll find yourself having an easier time! 

katzmeow726
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:13 PM

It helped me out, so I thought I would pass it along!

Quoting emerald.forest:

I never thought of it this way. Those are great ideas :) thank you!

Quoting katzmeow726:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)