Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Help I have no life....

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
  • 69 Replies

I am working on loosing wieght. So far I have lost 46 pounds. And I only want to loose another 19 pounds so I am not far from my goal. But I spend most of my day exercising. When I am not exercising I am do house chores, cooking, running an errand, or sleeping. And even with exercising so much I am only loosing one to two pounds a week now. I feel like I have no life. I can't take my son out to play and we can't take a family day to go do something fun. If I go a day without a good amount of exercise I will gain a pound back. I want to loose the rest of this weight but I don't know if I can go on living like this. Today I finally took a break so I could put away the two week worth of the kids clean clothes. I feel like I must be doing something wrong to be working so hard and so much and to,get so little results. 

toddler girl                         toddler boy

Sarah                                           Luciano

(10-16-06)                                  (11-27-08)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Looneyfarmmom
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

You can exercise at the park with your son. I chased my son around the playground and ran all over the play equipment. Let me tell you how much of a work out that one was! You can also go and find some fun things to do as a family that has to do with outdoors and moving. Fun centers have batting cages, mini golf, and more. You can find exercise in every day things. 

greenishgirl
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't have any personal experience with this (I'm working on losing the weight too) but on Myfitnesspal when someone plataues, other people ask about their diet. Sometimes, if you aren't eating enough calories, it doesn't matter how much you exercise, your body is going to hoard those calories so you won't lose as much. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel your body. Then you should be able to cut back on exercise and still see results. Your body just needs to know it's not going to be starved.

I hope this helps or you find another answer that works for your body. You shouldn't have to spend all your time exercising in order to get into shape.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

You can exercise at the park with your son. I chased my son around the playground and ran all over the play equipment. Let me tell you how much of a work out that one was! You can also go and find some fun things to do as a family that has to do with outdoors and moving. Fun centers have batting cages, mini golf, and more. You can find exercise in every day things. 

Well they are still to young for batting cages. And we do putt putt every now and then but it is not really active enough.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I am eating around the same as when I started and now having to exersise more with less results. It is just getting frustrating and I fell like giving up.

Quoting greenishgirl:

I don't have any personal experience with this (I'm working on losing the weight too) but on Myfitnesspal when someone plataues, other people ask about their diet. Sometimes, if you aren't eating enough calories, it doesn't matter how much you exercise, your body is going to hoard those calories so you won't lose as much. Make sure you are eating enough to fuel your body. Then you should be able to cut back on exercise and still see results. Your body just needs to know it's not going to be starved.

I hope this helps or you find another answer that works for your body. You shouldn't have to spend all your time exercising in order to get into shape.

otoole
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

did you go to the docter and get your bloods done?? i am only asking cos i recently found out i have an under active thyriod and my weight went up fast and since i started meds, its stoped going up but like you if i take one day of from excercising my weight seems to go up. i am only on the meds 3 weeks so i am hoping they will level out soon and all my hard work will pay of.

Looneyfarmmom
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

My husband or a friend would watch our son when I went in to the batting cages. But my husband and I are looking at different things we can do like day hikes and more. We do a lot of baby wearing and my husband wants to find a carrier he can wear on his back as she gets older. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Well they are still to young for batting cages. And we do putt putt every now and then but it is not really active enough.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

No I don't have any insurance. But since oct I have lost 46 pounds. I was the same weight for four years and it never went up but I was not exersisng  so I did not loose any either. Before kids my weight stayed the same no matter what I ate and I did not exersise then. I know having kids may have changed some things though.

Quoting otoole:

did you go to the docter and get your bloods done?? i am only asking cos i recently found out i have an under active thyriod and my weight went up fast and since i started meds, its stoped going up but like you if i take one day of from excercising my weight seems to go up. i am only on the meds 3 weeks so i am hoping they will level out soon and all my hard work will pay of.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Ours are six and four so too big for carriers and to small to hike on their own plus we live in Fl not a lot of places to hike. But I used to love going hiking on Viking mountain and at Cade's cove when I lived back home in Tn. 

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

My husband or a friend would watch our son when I went in to the batting cages. But my husband and I are looking at different things we can do like day hikes and more. We do a lot of baby wearing and my husband wants to find a carrier he can wear on his back as she gets older. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

otoole
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

that sucks, yipe having kids can mess up your hormones. which sucks for us women. as the other people said it could be that you are not eating enough so your body is holding onto whatever it does get. which makes it harder to lose weight

Quoting ambermario4ever:

No I don't have any insurance. But since oct I have lost 46 pounds. I was the same weight for four years and it never went up but I was not exersisng  so I did not loose any either. Before kids my weight stayed the same no matter what I ate and I did not exersise then. I know having kids may have changed some things though.

Quoting otoole:

Looneyfarmmom
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Hmmm I see your problem with Florida. I use to live in NC and ticks were never a fun thing or finding great hiking places. I am sure you guys can find a lot of fun activities where the kids can run around with you. When I was really young my parents use to take me to historical places and battle grounds. One of our aquarium's had a nature hike trail and we did a lot of outdoors things on the beach and more. By the time I was six my uncle had taught me how to boogie board lol. We were hardly ever inside. My Dad use to take me to flea markets and we would walk around all day and it was a blast. Then fishing trips were my best memories and a lot of activity. I am sure you guys can find something fun. My parents had three of us all a year apart and always found things for us to do. At 8 my Dad taught me archery and let me tell you the upper body work out that had. Or roller skating was always fun. 

I am not saying you are not trying to find fun things to do that help you work out but I am trying to offer some things my parents taught me. Like we would go to the beach and look for shells or something. My parents hated being home bodies so in a way they taught me a lot of cool things that I ended up sharing with my son. 

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Ours are six and four so too big for carriers and to small to hike on their own plus we live in Fl not a lot of places to hike. But I used to love going hiking on Viking mountain and at Cade's cove when I lived back home in Tn. 

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Quoting ambermario4ever:

Quoting Looneyfarmmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)