Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Drink more water & gain more weight!

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
I went from drinking maybe a bottle of water per day to drinking half my weight in ounces per day. 5 days later, I'm up 3 lbs! What is this?! I thought you were supposed to LOSE weight drinking plenty of water?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LawMom8308
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Give it time...... maybe your body is retaining it...................

If it gets to be another 5 days or so and you keep gaining weight then stop drinking so much. Maybe your body is just holding on to it.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Are you weighing yourself after drinking it? Because if you are it will look like you gained weight. Always weigh yourself before drinking or eating anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
all2gethernow
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't weigh after drinking, watch your salt intake-it causes retention, and try drinking it with juice from half a lemon in the am-it will flush your system, rev your metab, and remove toxins and salts.

mommadana
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Is it that time of the month that you retain water?  Sometimes that happens.  Also like they said below, watch your sodium intake as it helps your body hold onto water.  I'm drinking half my weight in water (in oz) also and I understand where you are coming from and the first week I didn't lose more than .2 lbs and then Boom!  it started coming off.   All else fails, get a water pill for one day, or drink green tea or another tea with caffeine and the caffeine serves as a diuretic which helps you get rid of water.

hank6811
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 7:29 AM
I only weigh in the morning after I use the bathroom and before I get dressed. As far as sodium, I don't use salt on anything, but I don't think the foods I've been eating have been anything rich in sodium. Time of the month ... That may have a little something to do with it. I think I'm still a week out. I am going to keep it up for another week and maybe try not to weigh that whole week. If I still have gained, I guess I'll cut back.
Thanks!'
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Feb. 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Stick with it.  It'll equalize with time.  Are you also changing your eating habits?  Refined carbs can make you retain water just as much as sodium can, so just keep that in mind.  That includes sugars, white flour, unbleached wheat flour, any flour that isn't WHOLE. 

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN