Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I hope someone can answer this one for me

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM
  • 11 Replies

Somebody please tell me why I do much better with food when I am by myself??  I find myself staying on track more when I am by myself eating then when I am with family, friends or even crowds.  Why is that??  You'd think it would be the opposite, that I'd be more aware and on track of things traveling in my mouth when people are around!  But NOPE!!!

Can someone break that down bit by bit and explain that one.

HELP, if you can.

Hugs, Jeanne

Come follow me on my weight loss journey at http://livingcleanin2013.blogspot.com/

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!

BaBeezandMe
by Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Quoting mem82:

Me too!

do you also feel like "Man this is weird!" ???

mem82
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I don't feel the need to keep up with the other heavy eaters in my family when they aren't sitting in front of me. LOL that's all I got.

Quoting BaBeezandMe:

Quoting mem82:

Me too!

do you also feel like "Man this is weird!" ???

Saralinda
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Eating is often a social activity so to be polite we often eat with others when we are not hungry. If you are doing something social, suggest that it not include food. Instead of meeting at Starbucks, meet at the Park or the Mall (not the Food Court).  When sharing a meal with others, put the fork down between bites. Drink plain water. If you are the planner of the "feast" serve "safe" foods.

mommadana
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

When youa re interacting with others you are more focused on them and talking to them and you don't think about what you are eating as they take up all of your focus.  I try to limit myself by placing on my plate exactly what I'm going to eat and put up what I don't want to eat right then, like ask for a doggie bag to place it in to take with me. 

Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
You don't want to stick out, even if you're doing what's right. I'm the same way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
armygirl16
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It is that way for me. Especially at home. On days I work I eat much better than when I don't work. Hubby is a very picky eater, as is my daughter, so coming up with healthy meal choices is tricky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mefingas
by Morgan on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Me too. When dh is home i eat more
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NanniesKitchen
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was single, I was always on point with my eating and exercise.

I think it's psychological. I see my husband eating and enjoying, I want to experience it with him. That's how I gained 88 pounds back.

Now.. I cook for him, and I cook myself something different. We finally got used to it. He thinks it's cool. I'm glad. What I hate the most is holidays, there's just no way around it.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 7:56 PM
1 mom liked this

hanging out/chatting during eating makes you more likely to eat more because you either aren't focusing on what you're eating, or others will say "here, want a little bit of this?"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)