Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

scale talk..

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM
  • 16 Replies

I am 2 weeks into hard core healthy eating and working out on top of my normal daily kiddo activities...I have yet to step on a scale! I never measured myself to watch the inches, and I feel good for it. I'm watching my body change, and I'm not harping on the actual lbs and inches. Anyone else take this kind of approach? I do plan on  weighing myself in 2 weeks just to see where I'm at after a month. If you've never approached weight loss this way I would suggest giving it a shot for a few weeks. Scale watching can be so frustrating( I know from past attempts in the last 2 years)  Good Luck mamas!!

Live,Laugh, Love and at the end of the day....drink wine!

laughing

by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ZakTuffMavsMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:48 PM
I know a few here that do this. I should learn from ya'll. I'm scale obsessed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Getinspired8
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Yes I've decided to only weigh in the Monday after my period. Once a week scaling was driving me crazy. Especially during my period I gain 5-7 lbs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JerseyAirGurl
by *Ada* on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:55 AM
I can't give up my scale or measurements. I need daily validation that what I'm doing is working. But it does work for other people.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmother5946
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:29 AM
My scale doesn't seem to be accurate. My brother says it weighs about 5 lbs light.
Very frustrating. I'm going by how my clothes fit.
Silvertears1275
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:21 AM

I'm a chronic weigher.  But I don't think I let the numbers get to me...  I'm prepared to put the scale away if they do, though.

itsm3
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this

i don't weight myself.  even back when i started my journey i only weighed myself twice.... and that was jan 2012!

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I haven't measured at all, but I will be when I weigh in again.   I weigh in once a month only so I can adjust my calorie intake.  It is very freeing...

eema.gray
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

I step on the scale about every 6 weeks or so.  :-)  Tape measure around once or twice a month, when I think about it AND can find the tape measure at the same time.  With three sticky fingered children under the age of 6, those two things do not come together very often, ROFL.

taniamorse85
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I don't weigh myself either.  If I did, I'd obsess about the numbers, and it would drive me insane!  Instead, I focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit.  It's just one less thing to stress about.

otoole
by Member on Feb. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM

i have stopped weighing myself also, i only get upset with myself when it doesn't move or goes up, so i find it better for myself to stay away from all that stuff.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN