Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 5: Work On Your Fitness ~ BONUS DAY!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM
  • 118 Replies

*BONUS DAY*
One member who replies to this post will be chosen at random to WIN a CafeMom Travel Mug!

Welcome to Day 5 of the February Accountability Challenge

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

Work On Your Fitness!

Experts across the board agree that physical activity is key to maintaining weight loss.

Walking, running, strength training, fitness classes, workout videos, swimming, dancing, snow shoveling, house cleaning, playing with your kids and so much more all serve as forms of physical activity. The more vigorous the activity, the more calories you burn.

Are you being accountable for your fitness?
Are you logging/journaling/tracking your fitness?
Do you make working out a priority?
How often do you work out/ get physical activity?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

*Official Rules

• The February Accountability Challenge sweepstakes starts 2/18/13 at 8:00am (ET) and ends 2/24/2013 at 11:00pm (ET) (the "Sweepstakes Period").
  • Enter by replying to this post with an appropriate comment during the Sweepstakes Period.
  • One winner will be selected in a random drawing of all eligible entries to receive a CafeMom Travel Mug.
  • The random drawing shall occur on or about 3/7/13.
  • No Purchase Necessary.
  • Open to US, DC and PR residents 16 years and older.
  • Void where prohibited. Click here for the rest of the Official Rules.

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I work out 5 days a week for 30 minutes a day. I am doing pretty good so far!

lizmeek
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I'm doing les mills combat workout and I'll walk a mile also
vboatner
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I have been in a funk this week, but normally I am very good about working out and stuff. I normally do 90 mins a day, 6 days a week.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EmilyJ604
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I am not doing so well it seems like every time I think I can work out one of the kids has an activity that we have to go to I really need to try to get up early before work to do my work out this is my new goal

SpiritedMom2

I try real hard to do at least 30 minutes for 4 or 5 days a week - its a challenge especially on certain days in my cycle. I notice I feel fresher and better on the days that I do work out. The less I work out the less I feel like doing - so the trick is to force myself to do some exercise even if its only 15 minutes - coz then the next day I feel like doing 20 minutes. I log in everything with my facebook journal group with my buddy. That really helps.

momofsixangels
Trial starts the 25th next month. Hope he gets life or death row
Wednesday at 10:42 PM

I dont work out like I need to or should.I bike the weekends with my 11 year old dd

armyvet06
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I work out 5 days a week. I run, do zumba, wii fit plus, the biggest loser for wii and do jillian michaels 30 day shred. Do about 3 miles running every other day, do an hour of one of the wii games and 20 min of jillian michaels.
heidi_val
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I've actually lost 54.1lbs in 24 weeks without exercising...BUT, now I'm going to start!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
garrettleesmom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:33 AM
I work out every day with a video. I go between walk away the pounds and the firm. I log it every day on loseit.
kristy95
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Yes! I have been doing a ton more activity. I went from doing literally nothing but cleaning the house, to working out 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day. It really makes me feel accomplished!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)