Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 7: Make It Public!

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
  • 98 Replies

Welcome to Day 7 of the February Accountability Challenge

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

Make It Public

One way to be accountable is to make your weight loss journey 'public'. Making it 'public' will help to keep you on track. Here are several ways to make your journey public:

• Join and regularly participate in an online weight loss community
  • Blog about your weight loss
  • Join a weight loss support group
  • Join a workout out group
  • Have an accountability partner

These are all excellent ways to receive support, motivation and accountability.

Other than participating in the Healthy Weight Loss group, what other ways do you make your journey 'public'?
Do you think being open about your journey is an effective accountability tool?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM

I had never considered that. Great idea!

critter_boo
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I talk about it I share my pics with friends,family.it is affective everyone knows what I'm doing so they remind me not to eat something while we are out
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cherylmoore
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I am on mfp so anyone that's friends with me on there can see. Co workers know and although I haven't publicly announced my goals or anything on fb, I have commented about accomplishments ago people do know
TurboMom81
Luke 2:10-11: And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Yesterday at 3:02 PM
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM
I used to post my results on my FB all the time. Once a month I even included pictures. I have not done any of that lately. I really need to reboot and get going again.
michiganmom116
by Rhonda on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Other than participating in the Healthy Weight Loss group, what other ways do you make your journey 'public'?  I don't, other than Facebook
Do you think being open about your journey is an effective accountability tool?  Yes

ashleywagoner
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I would not want to post that publicly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
qslaqhay
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:26 AM
I am too shy to post it where people that personally knows me can see it. but when they ask what have i dont to loose the weight i tell them. :-) im proud of what i have accomplish and im proud i was not sucked in on one of those extreme 500 calorie diet that a few friends wanted me to.
qslaqhay
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
*done. Omg sorry for typos
Docgirl2000
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:31 AM
I discuss my weight loss and exercise with my friends. Every now & then i'll post something on fb. Other than that i keep it kind of private. So many people dont umderstand my reasoning. When i started my journey i was only 10 lbs over my goal weight. Everyone would roll their eyes at me and make a rude comment when i would talk about losing weight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMommy07
by on Feb. 24, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I had never considered that. Great idea!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN