Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

February Accountability Challenge Day 7: Make It Public!

Welcome to Day 7 of the February Accountability Challenge

Being accountable in your weight loss/maintenance journey is going to be the key to your success!

Whether you are trying to lose weight or maintain your current weight, being accountable to yourself is where it begins.

Make It Public

One way to be accountable is to make your weight loss journey 'public'. Making it 'public' will help to keep you on track. Here are several ways to make your journey public:

• Join and regularly participate in an online weight loss community
  • Blog about your weight loss
  • Join a weight loss support group
  • Join a workout out group
  • Have an accountability partner

These are all excellent ways to receive support, motivation and accountability.

Other than participating in the Healthy Weight Loss group, what other ways do you make your journey 'public'?
Do you think being open about your journey is an effective accountability tool?

One member who signs up for our February Accountability Challenge and replies to all 7 of the activities will WIN a $25 gift card!

Click here to sign up:
Sign Up For the February Accountability Challenge! Win a $25 gift card and bonus prizes, too!

Join us in the  Healthy Weight Loss group

by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Replies (91-98):
harveysmom713
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I've considered talking about it to my weight loss efforts to my facebook friends but I'm just too embarressed.

I'm really frustrated right now and I feel like I've tried everything. I obviously haven't or I'd be losing weight so I have to get a new grasp on this thing and go again.

carterjacksmom
by Jenn on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I have a weight loss weigh-in/support group.. Every Monday we weigh in together infront of everyone! During the week we keep each other motivated.

jenniferlee_12
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I think being open helps if you have supportive people.

emilyrosenj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I belong to a few groups on facebook as well, they all serve different purposes and help me to stay accountable.

Mommyprinc3ss3s
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM
I've shared with family and certain friends. I feel once I feel more comfortable I will share,publicly. I've thought about going public to help keep me accountable but i'd rather not just yet.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM

The only other way besides here I make it PUBLIC is my profile and participation and record keeping on sparkpeople.com and a PRIVATE fb group that not everyone else can see, just the members of the group only for Hcg diet. But they are still public strangers to me other than that.

YVONNE

tracy211
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I'm in Sparkpeople and I try to blog on there about my weight loss journey occasionally.  I try to check out other people's stories for inspiration, too.  I think it helps keep me accountable, because i post what i eat and how much exercise i do, as well as my weight.  So it's there for everyone on there to see!

shamroc374
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I post weight loss accomplishments and workouts on Facebook
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)